Thread: Rugged uke case for travel

Default Rugged uke case for travel

Hi!

I know that there are some travelers here. I am about to begin a two-year term of service with the Peace Corps in Guatemala and I am wondering if anyone has any suggestions for a case that is sturdy and strong and can withstand the rigors of international travel and the potential pitfalls of a developing Central American country.

Any info, links, or personal experience you could share are greatly appreciated!

I think probably more than the case, it depends on you taking a uke that is capable of withstanding the rigors of the environment. Perhaps you should consider a Fluke/Flea or a solid body electric that is pretty impervious?

Reunion Blues cases. Do a search above and you'll see a number of threads on them.

the fusion F1 special edition is super strong and well made. best travel case I own.
    Ukulele Themed Vinyl Stickers!!
    Ukeeku Etsy Store

The toughest case I ever used was the Ameritage, though it is heavy.
    Moore Bettah Kauai Dreams undersea inlay tenor "Hui Nani"
    Moore Bettah slothead offset soundhole tenor "Kula Leo"
    KoAloha KTMS-00 "Lokomaika'i"

Building and Owning a Bettah Ukulele: The story of Moore Bettah Ukuleles
    Listen With Your Heart: The KoAloha Ukulele Story
    Listen With Your Heart: The KoAloha Ukulele Story e-book edition

Quote Originally Posted by itsme View Post
    I think probably more than the case, it depends on you taking a uke that is capable of withstanding the rigors of the environment. Perhaps you should consider a Fluke/Flea or a solid body electric that is pretty impervious?
    The fluke/ flea is made from plastic, correct? Do you have one? I did some research on the internet/ youtube and it sounds okay. I'd be curious to hear the opinion of someone who really enjoys playing one. Does the sound take a huge hit from the plastic vs wood construction?

Quote Originally Posted by didgeridoo2 View Post
    Reunion Blues cases. Do a search above and you'll see a number of threads on them.
    I'm really intrigued by the "RB Continental" case- thanks for that lead.

Quote Originally Posted by ukeeku View Post
    the fusion F1 special edition is super strong and well made. best travel case I own.
    It looks like a useful case indeed. Thanks for the tip! The company website lists it as a soprano/ concert case. Don't suppose it'll fit a tenor, do you? :P

__________________________________________________ ____________________________________________
    "The ukulele is a portal that only very happy people pass through." ~ Unknown
    "If you play that music with feeling, it brings tears to your eyes." ~ Raymond Kane, October 2, 1925 - February 27, 2008
    Raymond Kaleoalohapoinaʻoleohelemanu Kāne, was one of Hawaii's acknowledged masters of the slack-key guitar. Born in Koloa, Kauaʻi, he grew up in Nanakuli on Oʻahu's Waiʻanae Coast where his stepfather worked as a fisherman. Wikipedia
    "One of the things I love about being a ukulele player is that no matter where I go in the world to play, the audience has such low expectations. [This is] a huge plus for sure."
    Jake Shimabukuro
    Concert: Kamoa E3-GC - Grand Concert
    Tenor: Mya-Moe Pau Rosa Tenor Classic, Low G
    Tenor: Mya-Moe Master Grade Koa Tenor Classic, High G re-entrant (In the build schedule.
    Projected Completion: Dec 10, 2013)

Thread Information