Greetings from Malaysian Borneo!

silveraven

Reaction score
Hello! I'm not exactly new, but I haven't properly introduced myself. My name is Felicity, from Sarawak, Malaysia. I've been lurking around and posted once last year asking for ukulele advice. Just recently I committed to a soprano uke (from HMS! And yes, shipping kills! /wrists) and I can't wait for it to arrive! I'm looking forward to being more active here and maybe getting to know more Malaysian ukulele players. :)

Welcome, Felicity! I've seen several Malaysian UU members participating in the Forum, and I'm sure they'll turn up to say hello. But you can get lessons and lots of tips for playing here.

Welcome to the frontlights of UU, Felicity. Lurk no longer and join in on the fun!

Ooh, replies, so exciting!

Welcome, Felicity! I've seen several Malaysian UU members participating in the Forum, and I'm sure they'll turn up to say hello. But you can get lessons and lots of tips for playing here.

Welcome to the frontlights of UU, Felicity. Lurk no longer and join in on the fun!

Ooh, replies, so exciting! :D

I've never played a string instrument before so I hope I'll like the uke enough to hang on till I can strum out a song or two...and maybe more. Then it may eventually become a weapon of procrastination, ha! (I'm in the midst of thesis-writing)

Told a friend about my ukulele purchase earlier and I think my excitement poured over because she went out to the nearest music store and got one too. Can't wait to see hers. :)

Last edited:
Aloha Felicity,

Love your user name silver Raven...so cool...yes about time you introduced yourself you former lurker....ha ha now start to contribute to the forums with some new threads...
have fun and enjoy...see you around the forums.....Happy Strummings..

Welcome Felicity, great to see you here!

I am back in the US now but was living in Singapore for 3 years and my gf is in Malaysia in KL. I climbed Kota Kinabalu last year up in Sabah, which is one of the prettiest hikes I've ever taken!

Great to see you here.... you'll have to post a video of you playing a Zee Avi song! ;-)

Welcome to UU Felicity. Borneo is one of my favourite places, and I plan on returning real soon. I stayed just north of Kota Kinabalu at the Shangri La Rasa Ria, and covered all the way across to Sandakan. Great place and people.

Selamat Datang Felicity!

I'm new here too, I used to visit Kuching occasionally for my work, one of my favourite places. I'm sure you will enjoy your uke and UU.

Welcome to UU Felicity. Borneo is one of my favourite places, and I plan on returning real soon. I stayed just north of Kota Kinabalu at the Shangri La Rasa Ria, and covered all the way across to Sandakan. Great place and people.

Sabah is awesome! I worked there for a year before continuing my studies. Can't wait to visit again. :)

Selamat Datang Felicity!

I'm new here too, I used to visit Kuching occasionally for my work, one of my favourite places. I'm sure you will enjoy your uke and UU.

Hi armchair_spaceman! Terima kasih! I live in Kuching. :) I'm happy to know that it's one of your favourite places.

Welcome! Zee Avi is a friend of mine. :)

Hey Howdy Hey. Welcome out into the bright lights of the UU. Post some pictures of your new soprano uke once it gets there. Get your friend on UU too.

Woah!! I'm impressed! She's also from Sarawak although I don't know her personally. :D One of her songs are in my must-learn-how-to-play list.

Yeah! We met online during her early days of YouTube. When she came through Chicago a few years ago, I got backstage passes! Totally cool.

Top Bottom