Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415

Thread: Repeat Performance

Reminds me a lot of the bit in Zen and the art of motorcycle maintenance about recognising the right material for what it is rather than what it's normally percieved as. In the case tatty old pallet.

Ah here we go - quote is reproduced here:
    http://owyheemountainfiddleshop.blog...intenance.html

This thread has now also been rescued from Photobucket. and all the pics replaced.
    http://ukulele-innovation.tripod.com ebay i/d squarepeg_3000 Email timmsken@hotmail.com

If you can believe that moving images and sound, can fly through empty space across the universe and be seen and heard on a box in your living room ?.. then you can believe in anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Timbuck View Post
    This thread has now also been rescued from Photobucket. and all the pics replaced.
    Thanks for bringing this thread back, it’s been a delight and an education to read.

Do you still use this Uke as one of your own instruments or did you eventually pass it onto someone else to make space for another build? I listened to the video a couple of days back (found it by chance) and loved the sound of the pallet wood build, slightly preferred the mahogany and the (expensive) koa came last.

Edit. For others, I think that this might be the video: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_BejsO0i6BI
    Last edited by Graham Greenbag; 04-14-2019 at 01:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Graham Greenbag View Post
    Thanks for bringing this thread back, it’s been a delight and an education to read.

Do you still use this Uke as one of your own instruments or did you eventually pass it onto someone else to make space for another build? I listened to the video a couple of days back (found it by chance) and loved the sound of the pallet wood build, slightly preferred the mahogany and the (expensive) koa came last.
    Yes! I still have it, and play it more than any other...it's my go to uke.
    IMG_3351 by Ken Timms, on Flickr
    http://ukulele-innovation.tripod.com ebay i/d squarepeg_3000 Email timmsken@hotmail.com

If you can believe that moving images and sound, can fly through empty space across the universe and be seen and heard on a box in your living room ?.. then you can believe in anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Timbuck View Post
    Yes! I still have it, and play it more than any other...it's my go to uke.
    Good, I was hoping that you had decided to keep it as a player for yourself and I hope that it gives you pleasure for many years. My favourite bike is one that I’ve built up over time from cheap/second-hand parts that I’ve somehow made work well, riding it gives me enormous satisfaction ...... and overtaking someone else on their loads of money fancy bike gives me even more. Perhaps it’s a Yorkshire thing but to me there is little more satisfying than making something really worth having from scrap or stuff that’s broke.
    Last edited by Graham Greenbag; 04-14-2019 at 01:21 AM.

Perhaps it’s a Yorkshire thing.....
    Not really, it's also a Kiwi thing (though, admittedly, my great grandfather was from Yorkshire)
    Miguel

Quote Originally Posted by lauburu View Post
    Not really, it's also a Kiwi thing (though, admittedly, my great grandfather was from Yorkshire)
    Miguel
    Yes, the number eight wire mentality.
    Kind Regards
    Dennis

dponeil@xtra.co.nz
    Southern Cross Banjo Ukes & Ukuleles
    Proudly Hand Crafted in
    New Zealand.

Thread Information