Repeat Performance

Wow, impressive, looks like we won't have to worry about the extiinction of exotic timber, then. Actuall, Bob Taylor did this once to prove that there is no such thing as bad tonewood.

Last edited:
ARGH! Take your time, sir! PLEASE! I need to win this one! I tried SO hard last time!

It's so fun to watch the process of this crazy awesome uke being made. Thank you for sharing it!

Making and fitting the Rosette

The rosette will be diferent this time ..I made up a tube of B/W plastic sheet a couple of years ago..its welded together with acetone and held with "Hose clips" on a steel jig that I made from scrap...I thought it would come in handy one day :)
PICT0023-5_zps08d54baa by Ken Timms, on Flickr
PICT0024-6_zpsaa757320 by Ken Timms, on Flickr

Last edited:
Last edited:
Outstanding! This is really fun to see. You make it look so easy -- and I know it isn't easy.

fantastic thread Ken, love the look of the uke, i have been lucky enough to play one of your gorgeous ukes ,a friend of mine bought one of your fine ukes, i one day hope to own one of you wonderful pieces of art look forward to see how this pallet wood uke turns out, my dad used to get loads of pallets and make garden furniture out of them and fences :), your a wonderful craftsman

Top Bottom