Repeat Performance

This thread has now also been rescued from Photobucket. and all the pics replaced.

Thanks for bringing this thread back, it’s been a delight and an education to read.

Do you still use this Uke as one of your own instruments or did you eventually pass it onto someone else to make space for another build? I listened to the video a couple of days back (found it by chance) and loved the sound of the pallet wood build, slightly preferred the mahogany and the (expensive) koa came last.

Edit. For others, I think that this might be the video: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_BejsO0i6BI

Last edited:
Thanks for bringing this thread back, it’s been a delight and an education to read.

Do you still use this Uke as one of your own instruments or did you eventually pass it onto someone else to make space for another build? I listened to the video a couple of days back (found it by chance) and loved the sound of the pallet wood build, slightly preferred the mahogany and the (expensive) koa came last.

Yes! I still have it, and play it more than any other...it's my go to uke.
IMG_3351 by Ken Timms, on Flickr

Yes! I still have it, and play it more than any other...it's my go to uke.

Good, I was hoping that you had decided to keep it as a player for yourself and I hope that it gives you pleasure for many years. My favourite bike is one that I’ve built up over time from cheap/second-hand parts that I’ve somehow made work well, riding it gives me enormous satisfaction ...... and overtaking someone else on their loads of money fancy bike gives me even more. Perhaps it’s a Yorkshire thing but to me there is little more satisfying than making something really worth having from scrap or stuff that’s broke.

Last edited:
Top Bottom