NUD!!! Kala Travel Tenor

The Big Kahuna

Reaction score
This is a Kala KA-SSTU-TEP. It is the solid Cedar top version with the Shadow pickup. I believe this is from a limited run of 24 or 36 with the Cedar top.

It comes to me as an unexpected, but very gratefully received gift from a marvellous, thoughtful and generous gentleman in Hawaii (I shall let him acknowledge his generosity himself, in case he wishes to remain anonymous). Needless to say, I'm sure he has many other things with which to pass the hours, without satisfying the UAS of undeserving Englishmen. But he still took the time to think of me, and send me this marvellous instrument.

I have met some truly wonderful people on UU, whether they've sent me a Uke or not. However, don't let this dissuade you from sending me gifts, if that would make you happy ;)

If I have one thing (ok, two things) to say about the Uke in the short period of time I've had it (45 minutes and counting), it's the most comfortable instrument I've ever held, and it's LOUD!!

LOUD, I tell you!

Mere words cannot convey just how damn LOUD this thing is. I suspect there's a 100w Marshall stack cunningly concealed within the slim body.

Oh man, it's LOUD!

Anyway...time for the pictures:

20130508-_MG_8058.jpg20130508-_MG_8059.jpg20130508-_MG_8060.jpg20130508-_MG_8061.jpg20130508-_MG_8062.jpg

Congrats on the new uke, When they say thin - they really mean thin!

Make sure the pups don't think it's a chew toy

Ah yet another example of how some of the finest people around frequent this site.

Congratulations. That Uke is on my want list. It is loud, as you say.

Wow. Most excellent story. Congratulations!

Congrats Niq.....it's a slimline.....I get mine tomorrow too woo hoooooo Happy Strummings...

Congrats Niq.....it's a slimline.....I get mine tomorrow too woo hoooooo Happy Strummings...

I wonder which one sounds better your MB or yor new Kala...haha
I still got to try your new MB..hehe

Fantastic story Kahuna, congratulations and happy new uke day mate. Awesome lookin new uke... UU is the best

I just won that uke from the raffle at the San Diego Ukulele Festival and it needs a case. What case are you using?

This is a Kala KA-SSTU-TEP. It is the solid Cedar top version with the Shadow pickup. I believe this is from a limited run of 24 or 36 with the Cedar top.

It comes to me as an unexpected, but very gratefully received gift from a marvellous, thoughtful and generous gentleman in Hawaii (I shall let him acknowledge his generosity himself, in case he wishes to remain anonymous). Needless to say, I'm sure he has many other things with which to pass the hours, without satisfying the UAS of undeserving Englishmen. But he still took the time to think of me, and send me this marvellous instrument.

I have met some truly wonderful people on UU, whether they've sent me a Uke or not. However, don't let this dissuade you from sending me gifts, if that would make you happy ;)

If I have one thing (ok, two things) to say about the Uke in the short period of time I've had it (45 minutes and counting), it's the most comfortable instrument I've ever held, and it's LOUD!!

LOUD, I tell you!

Mere words cannot convey just how damn LOUD this thing is. I suspect there's a 100w Marshall stack cunningly concealed within the slim body.

Oh man, it's LOUD!

View attachment 52818View attachment 52819View attachment 52820View attachment 52821View attachment 52822

nice score looks awesome! i recently just got a kala walnut concert i love it good brand!

LOUD, I tell you!

Oh man, it's LOUD!

View attachment 52818View attachment 52819View attachment 52820View attachment 52821View attachment 52822

I've played the regular version of that uke, and yeah they are all pretty loud. kala makes really nice ukes IMHO!

Top Bottom