Done with UAS for a while (?)

sweets

Reaction score
Today I headed down to Dusty Strings with the Christmas money that had been burning a hole in my pocket for all of 16 hours, and picked up what should be the last ukulele I buy for a while.

It's a Ko'olau T-1 Koa, and it's exactly what I want in a Tenor. Together with my Earnest Palomino and 20's Style 0, I feel like I have a lineup that I should be happy with for a long time. Anyone else feeling the same way about their collection this holiday season?

P1000137.jpg

P1000140.jpg

It's a temporary respite, UAS will strike again. Just be prepared!

Today I headed down to Dusty Strings with the Christmas money that had been burning a hole in my pocket for all of 16 hours, and picked up what should be the last ukulele I buy for a while.

It's a Ko'olau T-1 Koa, and it's exactly what I want in a Tenor. Together with my Earnest Palomino and 20's Style 0, I feel like I have a lineup that I should be happy with for a long time. Anyone else feeling the same way about their collection this holiday season?

you have some pretty ukulele's there. I'm pretty happy with my lineup which is a cheap Oscar Schmidt concert and a Kala archtop tenor (which I just got and then had to send back because of a problem w/ the pickup so I should get it back soonish). I would like a low g tenor sometime in the future, but I'm good for now.:music:

Last edited:
Yeah, after Helsinki Soprano AND an MP concert uke, and a Pono PCO on the way, I'm also feeling saturated with ukes. Sure I want a Koaloha superconcert, but not tomorrow... I mean unless Deach wanted to send me one, I wouldn't turn it down, but I was thinking some time later on in the year.

Yeah, in terms of ukes, it's time to lean back on the couch and loosen the belt a few notches.

Awesome Koolau!

Hard to say it but I am done for a while at least until I pare the collection down to a reasonable 5-6 ukes. Three of which have already been decided.

Hi all! First time posting but this thread was too tempting. I bought myself a lovely all mahogany pineapple style uke for Christmas and couldn't be happier! :)
(That's me posing with it on my members photo).
But the the true joy this season came from all of the "Deaching" (I hope I used the term right) that I got to do. I gave my cousin his first uke (a 50's blond Harmony with the notes written on it) and he then gave his Dad a little green Mahalo. I gave my brother a well set up Rougue mando**n (still little right?) and gave my band mate a little Hawaii souvenir special from Goodwill that I souped up (made play in tune). Now all of them are hooked and I have new Uke buddies to jam with! :music:
I love the spirit of these here uke forums!

I did the usual thing. Bought a Mahalo on a whim. Got hooked on Uke goodness and upgraded to a solid top Kala tenor. Did a bit of thinking after that and went straight for a Hawian made Koa instrument in tenor size. I have yet to have any impulse towards concert or soprano so I may be safe there. Might have something to do with being 6' 6" tall, at my size tenor is small enough.

In any case, at this point the only real upgrade I could make would be something custom. I love the sound of my Kanile'a and the extra width on the finger board is good for someone my size.

So unless I come into some kind of huge windfall...I'm good.

We don't believe you, Sweets. UAS is an incurable addiction. It won't be long before you're having a vision of another uke whispering <buy me...buy me...buy me...). You'll cave in like the rest of us. Don't fight it. It's futile. Ric

We don't believe you, Sweets. UAS is an incurable addiction. It won't be long before you're having a vision of another uke whispering <buy me...buy me...buy me...). You'll cave in like the rest of us. Don't fight it. It's futile. Ric

Please ric don't tempt the man, he will end up like me with ukes to the ceiling and no time to play them.

the first step is admitting you have a problem.

i agree with ric on this one. :p

but my UAS will be (shortly) satisfied, hopefully by the next two weeks.

im looking to get me a pono!!

Top Bottom