Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Case for a Koaloha Longneck Pineapple

Default Case for a Koaloha Longneck Pineapple

Being a pineapple fan, and the owner of three pineapples, I'm always on the look out for cases. However, I haven't been able to find a case I like for my Koaloha Longneck Pineapple.

I have the black hard foam case it came in (similar/identical to those UkeCrazy black canvas covered ones), but I'm desperately seeking something a bit more substantial.

Anyone out there with a KSM-03 willing to share their case stories?

I've heard the Fremont case will fit, but there's no way for me to confirm it.

Thanks and greetings from Germany!
    *daniel
    My Pineapple Patch: Kala KA-P Soprano sounds great with Martin M600's, my Ohana PK-25 Soprano sounds wonderful with Living Water and my Koaloha KSM-03 with Living Water strings is heavenly. Plus... a very sweet MIM Peanut!

I have mine in a Kamaka pineapple case that fits it quite well.
    Here's a pic I found on google.
    https://www.ukulele.de/shop4/media/i...opup/547_3.jpg

Looks like I posted a pic that sorta shows the inside http://www.ukuleleunderground.com/fo...le-(Yester)Day

It's a snug fit at the body, but has plenty of room for the neck.
    Last edited by aquadan; 05-10-2013 at 11:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MisterRios View Post
    Being a pineapple fan, and the owner of three pineapples, I'm always on the look out for cases. However, I haven't been able to find a case I like for my Koaloha Longneck Pineapple.

I have the black hard foam case it came in (similar/identical to those UkeCrazy black canvas covered ones), but I'm desperately seeking something a bit more substantial.

Anyone out there with a KSM-03 willing to share their case stories?

I've heard the Fremont case will fit, but there's no way for me to confirm it.

Thanks and greetings from Germany!
    *daniel
    I didn't have a pineapple but we did have the long neck soprano. I had a regular soprano hardshell case it fit. Very snuggly but it fit. I tried a concert case and the body was to loose for me.

I have a Mono M80 Ukulele travel case for my pineapple. It fits it very well.
    Mainland Mango concert
    KoAloha Longneck soprano Pineapple
    Outdoor Ukulele (#28) soprano
    Canora (Canadian school system) soprano
    Kala travel soprano
    Wolfelele soprano
    Islander tenor
    Pono MT tenor
    Kala soprano banjo ukulele
    Pono Acacia tenor electric
    Pono Acacia baritone (BN-1)

Everybody else does B flat. I do B phlat!!

When you say "more substantial" are you wanting a hard case of cardboard or wood? A pineapple case would be very easy to build from 1/8 of an inch plywood. That is called door skin since its main purpose is to skin doors. When the back lamination is removed (belt or disk sander) it bends like cooked spaghetti. When that piece is glue to the full 1/8 or 1/4 inch plywood, it has its shape. Another piece with the back layer removed can be glued to the inside or outside edge of the first piece. Stagger the joint spots. Glue on a top the same thickness as the bottom, then when the glue is dried, cut the two sections apart with a table saw with a thin blade.. A one inch wide band around the top and bottom edgedreally make a good protective case. There are several different types of protection
    / sound deadening choices for the interio. The old cases were just painted or stained. A straight back edge will save you a lot of grief when putting on hinges or a hasp and a lock on the front Want help? Send me a P.Message, please

Mono 80 or Reunion Blues Continental Case is my suggestion.

The only hard case I know that fits it is the Kamaka Pineapple case for longnecks....Oahu makes one but a hair too short,
    askmusicguymic@theukulelesite.com
    musicguymic@aol.com
    theukulelesite.com
    808-927-7297 808-622-8000

i have the same problem... how did you end the story?

Quote Originally Posted by aquadan View Post
    I have mine in a Kamaka pineapple case that fits it quite well.
    Here's a pic I found on google.
    https://www.ukulele.de/shop4/media/i...opup/547_3.jpg

Looks like I posted a pic that sorta shows the inside http://www.ukuleleunderground.com/fo...le-(Yester)Day

It's a snug fit at the body, but has plenty of room for the neck.
    That's pretty awesome, and a pretty awesome story. It's actually exactly what I had been picturing.
    My Pineapple Patch: Kala KA-P Soprano sounds great with Martin M600's, my Ohana PK-25 Soprano sounds wonderful with Living Water and my Koaloha KSM-03 with Living Water strings is heavenly. Plus... a very sweet MIM Peanut!

Quote Originally Posted by TheCraftedCow View Post
    When you say "more substantial" are you wanting a hard case of cardboard or wood? A pineapple case would be very easy to build from 1/8 of an inch plywood. That is called door skin since its main purpose is to skin doors. When the back lamination is removed (belt or disk sander) it bends like cooked spaghetti. When that piece is glue to the full 1/8 or 1/4 inch plywood, it has its shape. Another piece with the back layer removed can be glued to the inside or outside edge of the first piece. Stagger the joint spots. Glue on a top the same thickness as the bottom, then when the glue is dried, cut the two sections apart with a table saw with a thin blade.. A one inch wide band around the top and bottom edgedreally make a good protective case. There are several different types of protection
    / sound deadening choices for the interio. The old cases were just painted or stained. A straight back edge will save you a lot of grief when putting on hinges or a hasp and a lock on the front Want help? Send me a P.Message, please
    Haha. I actually considered doing something like this. I've even non-destructively studied the cases I do own for this purpose, but it's just too much trouble, no access to tools, and not knowing anyone who does have tools like this... Though I would love to have a straight sided case like the vintage ones you sometimes see.

Thank you very much for the suggestion, though. If I ever do decide to go this rout, I'll definitely send you a message.

Thread Information