Anyone tried Diaddario J68 baritone Strings

Patrick Madsen

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
I've been on the hunt for a good set of baritone strings. Have tried, the T2 Diaddarios, Martin 630's, Living Waters, Southcoast in Bb, Aquila Nylguts(New),Aquila reds. Some were okay others meh.

Reading about Jake S. gear he uses, they mentioned he uses J71's on his tenor. I looked up what the corresponding bari. set was and it's the J68.

Has anyone tried the Diaddario J68 bari. set. If so, what's your take.

I'm looking for a linear wound 3&4 fairly hi tension. Any suggestions?

I haven't tried Diaddario on my Martin baritone. After trying several different string brands (Aquila, Hilo, Martin, Living Water, etc), I settled on Worth clear baritone strings with a wound guitar 4th string. I like the balance, general tone and overall 'feel' (mainly finger picking, and chord melody styles).

Looking forward to hearing your impressions of the Diaddario strings.

I think it depends on what sound you are looking for. My personal preference is a low resonant guitarish sound on my bari's. On my tenor I lean slightly towards the higher softer ukish sound. I've tried several of the popular brands including the titanium D' addarios and I liked them a lot. However, my current favorite is the Ko'oau gold baritone set with the 3rd and 4th wound. I tune linear dgbe and these, IMHO, produce the best tone and sustain of any of them, so I think I'll stick with them. There are a lot of good strings out there; good luck.

Top Bottom