Great Expectations Reality Check

That's exciting! Do you have all of your other necessary accessories? UAS is more than just ukes you know!

* Do you live in a dry climate? If so, you need some sort of humidifier so your uke doesn't crack and split.
* A song book. Get the Daily Ukulele—a little pricey, but oh so worth it.
* Music stand to hold your song book.
* A case for your uke. If you need to humidify it, a hardcase is your best bet as you can put a humidifier in it.

Dry winters living in Northern NE so I ordered a hard case and humidifier to go with the uke. I think I'm going to browse the song books in the music stores to get a sense of what they're about. But I never gave a thought about a music stand for the song book, thanks.

Dry winters living in Northern NE so I ordered a hard case and humidifier to go with the uke. I think I'm going to browse the song books in the music stores to get a sense of what they're about. But I never gave a thought about a music stand for the song book, thanks.
I dunno wot kine music you into or lissen to but check out what's available online . . . Richard G's Ukulele Songbook
and if you goin staht learning chords - Uncle Rod's Boot Camp.

Yea, da 2nd one goin help because it relies on repetition and chord progression as well. BTW, Rod is one local boy living in Seattle and his approach to playing is a simple one. You can PM him if you get one question.

Yea, da 2nd one goin help because it relies on repetition and chord progression as well. BTW, Rod is one local boy living in Seattle and his approach to playing is a simple one. You can PM him if you get one question.

The Mainland arrived and I'm going through Uncle Rod's Ukulele Boot Camp fine until practice sheet #1. Some of the chords like Dm7 and Fm6 show the same finger on two different strings. For example E7 shows the middle (2) finger on the C and A strings. How do you do that?

View attachment 53707

The Mainland arrived and I'm going through Uncle Rod's Ukulele Boot Camp fine until practice sheet #1. Some of the chords like Dm7 and Fm6 show the same finger on two different strings. For example E7 shows the middle (2) finger on the C and A strings. How do you do that?

View attachment 53707
You ste referring to the numbers above the chord? You not really using the same finger. It's actually the fret number where you place your fingers. Sometime wen we talk about chords we say 4232 which the fret positions of the chord. I hopeful da following example ez fo understand . . .

Forefinger = 1
Middle Finger = 2
Ring Finger = 3
Pinky = 4

Code:
Dm7 - 	2nd fret G String = 2	
	2nd fret C string = 3
	1st fret E string = 1
	3rd fret A string = 4

Fm6 (easiest way to finger this chord to barre the first fret with your forefinger)
	2nd fret C string = 2
	3rd fret A string = 3 or 4 (which ever is easier)

E7	1st fret G string = 1
	2nd fret C string = 2
	         E string = Open
	2nd fret A string = 3

Last edited:
You ste referring to the numbers above the chord? You not really using the same finger. It's actually the fret number where you place your fingers. Sometime wen we talk about chords we say 4232 which the fret positions of the chord. I hopeful da following example ez fo understand . . .

Forefinger = 1
Middle Finger = 2
Ring Finger = 3
Pinky = 4

Code:
	2nd fret C string = 3
	1st fret E string = 1
	3rd fret A string = 4

Fm6 (easiest way to finger this chord to barre the first fret with your forefinger)
	2nd fret C string = 2

E7	1st fret G string = 1
	2nd fret C string = 2
	         E string = Open
	2nd fret A string = 3

Arigato goziamasu Kanaka916 Sensei!

p.s.
That's about all the Japanese I have so go easy on me.

Forefinger = 1
Middle Finger = 2
Ring Finger = 3
Pinky = 4

Code:
	2nd fret C string = 3
	1st fret E string = 1
	3rd fret A string = 4

2nd fret C string = 2

E7	1st fret G string = 1
	2nd fret C string = 2
	         E string = Open
	2nd fret A string = 3

Thank you again, I tried it last night and had much better luck with your explanation of the difference between fret position and which fingers to use on the which string. I notice that a lot of the chord diagrams don't tell you where to place your fingers.

Top Bottom