Any Nintendo DS game suggestions?

I'm a newb and I just started with my DS. I've got a few games like Guilty Gear Dust Stikers, Mario, some Pokemon (thinking about ordering Platinum), Trauma Center, and Megaman. Anyone have any suggestions for games? I'm into fighting and rpg style games.

Anyone have a DSi? I am interested to see what the comparison is of them...

I've had each iteration of the DS, while I think that the DSi is the best one yet personally. It might not be any help to alot of people. Mainly those with GBA games they still play. I have an old folding GBA that I keep just for the purpose of playing the older games.

There were three major things that lead me to buying the DSi. The first was that it supports WPA wireless encryption. Which is considerably more secure then WEP and the only thing I use at home. The second was the SD Micro slot. The last is that it is more powerful than the lite and the games that are suppose to be coming out soon will be better suited on the DSi.

So as it stands, like most hot hand held gadgets I bellied up to the bar first and I'm paying for it. Mainly because of the three points I made to defend why I bought it roughly ZERO are used in any games that are out and that I want to play :p

I think the first game (if you can call it that) that I will buy that has a major DSi bias will the Korg DS-10 plus.

The cameras and the sound recording editor are fun. However the DSiware software selection is lacking in a big way. If I were you I would recommend holding off until there is an actual game out that you want to play before buying a DSi.

Unless of course you have no DS and no old GBA games to play, then I would say buy it.

Good comparisson. :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x3IQ9PAr134

Thanks for the info... I was wondering what they are going to do to make the Guitar Hero addon for DS work for DSi or will they be able to come up with one... But thats minor... I am planning on holding out, but I just wondered.

Thanks for the info... I was wondering what they are going to do to make the Guitar Hero addon for DS work for DSi or will they be able to come up with one... But thats minor... I am planning on holding out, but I just wondered.

I'm almost 100% positive that there will be no attachment to support the guitar hero GBA plugin on the DSI.

The only reason I'd want a DSi right now is for WPA support. So I'm going to wait until there are more games or more research is done on homebrew development.

Still no release date for Golden Sun. I really wanted it before Christmas so I can play over vacation... /sadface

My newphew and nieces got me "My Japanese Coach" for my bday a couple of weeks ago. I like it a lot! I was never good at picking up a second language - I took Spanish and Italian in school and have forgotten most of it. I think it's because everyone's learning style is different. I'm doing a lot better with My Japanese Coach, and I'm even learning a different writing system as well as language!

I just discovered a non-game DS cart called "Jam Sessions" the game lets you put guitar chords to D-Pad presses and strum with the stylus. Its amazing! You can play full songs all on your own. They just made a second one that has like a single player thing, but really all the music playing is still there.

chrono trigger. greatest game ever.

^^ This. Chrono trigger is sweet. If you like rpgs you will most likely enjoy this game. It has an interesting story, good combat system, epic music, great replay value (14 possible endings, yo!)... Awesome.

EDIT: ...if you are still looking, that is... didn't realize the OP was almost 1 year ago...

feel the magic is good if you like the mini-game type thing

and I enjoyed ridge racers :D

Anyone have a DSi? I am interested to see what the comparison is of them...
I've also had every incarnation of the Nintendo handhelds and although I held off getting a DSi because I couldn't justify forking out for one when my regular DS was in perfect order, I have to say that since my husband bought me one for Christmas I've used it non stop. The camera on it is excellent and has the option to let you upload directly to facebook (which is handy if you're as much of an addict as me!) or download pictures onto an sd card, or vice versa. You can edit photos with fun features too. You can download a free internet browser (uses Opera and isn't too bad) and buy other games to download via the Nintendo Points shop, which has quite a few classics in store - kinda like with the Wii Shop. I would recommend joining the Club Nintendo site and registering your games and consoles (on the leaflets inside the games/console cases you usually get one with a code which you enter on the site) as these are redeemed as "Star points" and can be spent on various items, including Wii and DSi points to spend in the Nintendo Shop.

Still no release date for Golden Sun. I really wanted it before Christmas so I can play over vacation... /sadface
I don't know if this link will work as I had to log in to watch it, but it's worth a try:
http://www.nintendo.co.uk/NOE/en_GB/games/nds/golden_sun_ds_13787.html
It's a trailer for the Golden Sun DS release. The release date is just 2010 at the moment, nothing more specific.

My suggestions for DS games would be Pokemon (I'd go for Emerald if you have the standard DS, or Platinum if you have the DSi - I'm a complete geek and have all the pokemon games - Crystal was the best so far for me, so I am foaming at the mouth for HeartGold/SoulSilver :D ), Animal Crossing Wild World is endlessly playable, MarioKart DS never gets old, Cooking Mama was something I bought for the kids but found surprisingly entertaining and of course anyZelda title is an instant win.

My suggestions for DS games would be Pokemon (I'd go for Emerald if you have the standard DS, or Platinum if you have the DSi
Why Emerald for the standard DS as Platinum works on the standard? Just curious. :)

Rhythm Heaven/Rhythm Paradise is a very addictive game. Eledees/Elebits was really fun. Like a Pokemon/Zelda cross. New Super Mario Bros which has been mentioned I think and Yoshi's Island. I haven't tried the RPG Marios yet, something on the list. Professor Layton, no one seems to have mentioned that, must haves in my opinion.

Why Emerald for the standard DS as Platinum works on the standard? Just curious. :)

Just because, if you have a standard DS then you can bung Emerald (once you've completed it) in the bottom slot and upload your pokemon onto your Diamond/Pearl/Platinum game, which is something you can't do on the DSi. I think my point, which I obviously wasn't very clear on :D was that Emerald isn't compatible with the DSi, rather than suggesting Platinum wasn't compatible with a standard DS ;)

Right now I´m battling the undead in Might&Magic Clash of heroes. Niiiiiice!

try "scribblenauts". one of the most innovative games i've ever played. very funny! you have to solve puzzles with every thing that comes into your mind.
check out some review on the net, see if you might like it.

Just because, if you have a standard DS then you can bung Emerald (once you've completed it) in the bottom slot and upload your pokemon onto your Diamond/Pearl/Platinum game, which is something you can't do on the DSi. I think my point, which I obviously wasn't very clear on :D was that Emerald isn't compatible with the DSi, rather than suggesting Platinum wasn't compatible with a standard DS ;)
Ah ok, I see what you mean now. :)

Top Bottom