Everyone is dumping their concerts!

I mostly play my longneck pineapple, I find it more fun than the tenors. Next purchase will most likely be a concert.

I have owned many concerts in the past, but got rid of them all except my Ohta san. I like concerts but have found that some maker make tenors a bit smaller than others which does the trick for me.

My Surf Flea, KoAloha long neck soprano and soon to arrive Firefly all have concert necks. I'd love a solid myrtle Glyph concert, but Dave is not taking orders. I played a new one someone brought by the house last year and I fell in love. Maybe some day!

Clearly not EVERYONE is dumping their concert ukuleles. I, for one, haven't dumped one. I know other uke players who have yet to "dump" a concert uke. The exception disproves your claim.

Actually I haven't dumped a single ukulele ever, size notwithstanding. I've sold a few, traded a few, given a few away. But never dumped one.

I am selling a concert currently but they are still my favorite. My Mya-Moe concert is my go to uke although I enjoy playing all sizes.

Mitch

I can't figure out why the disdain from some about the concert uke...that's all I can play...and that's really fine with me...

Love the concert size for picking leads ( I can barely do that at this time). Think the soprano is the most fun for a strum, as for tenor, I ordered a Boat Paddle and it should be here in a couple days and will see where that fits in my uke life!

I just purchased that used DaSilva concert in purpleheart and spruce.

It is loud, punchy and pleasantly warm sounding, despite having what you would think of as a bright tone wood combo.

A great uke that also happens to be a concert uke!

I'd love to play a concert, it beats bringing my tenor in the hard case everywhere!...Only problem being money ahah

I started on a concert, and am now bouncing between it and a tenor-necked "giraffe".

I'm finding that the width of the tenor neck fits my (deceptively giant) fingertips for note picking, but the distance between frets is a big distraction. If I ever go the custom route, i'll order it with a wider-width concert neck.

More for me!

:cool:

On UU Marketplace right now, there is a Mya Moe supersoprano (concert scale neck), plus a Mya Moe concert, and also true concerts by Collings, Loprinzi, Kiwaya, Kanilea, Mainland, Big Island, KoAloha and even DaSilva.

Egads! Concerts are either the most popular size uke--or the least. LOL
Maybe they really are the "Jan Brady" of the uke world.

Great deals to be had by concert lovers, indeed. :D

I seem to be playing my concerts more and more. I think they sound very nice.

Nice replies and perspectives.

I think all that I posted about originally have now been snapped up!

Me, too, thanks, DocJ.:rolleyes::D

You must post about that unique Dasilva, GASguy, when you get it.

Last edited:
If someone wants to dump there Makai LC 80j on me, or trade for my Kala Mango Tenor, give me a holler!

I have a two concerts, a mini-concert, and a grand concert. Oh, and three tenors and a baritone and a soprano. My favorites to play are the Mini-concert and the Grand concert, with my Pono Tenor right up there too.

Top Bottom