Collings UT2 Tenor Western Shaded Sunburst

cds

Reaction score
Collings UT2 Tenor Western Shaded Sunburst (Sold)

Hello to all. I really hate doing this but I need some extra cash and just do not play this one very much. It is built perfectly, just like any Collings I have ever had or held. It sounds wonderful though I do not have any clips to example for you. The only thing I can find wrong is a very tiny indention on the back on the neck. This was on the Uke when I bought it and did not notice until after a couple of weeks. I am going to doubt you can see it from the photos. There also may be the usual swirl marks in the finish as it is high gloss. This was purchased new from Artisan Guitars a couple of months ago for $1950. I really have not play it much at all. Sold, Thanks!
Here are the specs from Artisan:
Top: Spruce
Back and Sides: Mahogany
Scale: 17"
Nut Width: 1 3/8"
Neck Material: Mahogany
Fretboard: Rosewood
Bridge: Rosewood
Headstock Overlay: Rosewood
Headstock Inlay: Collings Logo
Tuners: Geared Tuners with Black Button
Inlays: Dots
Rosette: Custom Abalone
Body Binding: Ivoroid with Purfling
Fretboard Binding: Ivoroid
Headstock Binding: Ivoroid
Pickguard: none
Nut Material: Bone
Saddle Material: Bone
Body Depth: 2 3/8"
Lower Bout Width: 8 5/8"
Case: Hardshell Case Included
Custom Western Shaded Top

i-r9CsfxS-S.jpg

Here is a link to my gallery with many more photos that are higher resolution.

http://shopeology.smugmug.com/Other/Ukes-For-Sale/29613749_49qCDm#!i=2546573280&k=TN7JjFm

Attachments

• i-388bqLP-S.jpg
    i-388bqLP-S.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 194
Last edited:
No. It is a UT2. Thank you. I think it is myself!

Does the label inside indicate it to be a UT-2? It conforms to the specifications for a UT-3 as it has a bound neck and bound haircut headstock along w/top and back body binding.

I'll go back to my corner now and hopefully remain silent.

Last edited:
I wonder if this could have been labeled incorrectly at the factory or is a custom order. It does appear to have the appointments of a UT-3.

I wonder if this could have been labeled incorrectly at the factory or is a custom order. It does appear to have the appointments of a UT-3.

That's even better...get the appointments of a UT-3 but the price of a UT-2

That would be a nice surprise tho it would still be labeled a UT-2. If that were a factory mistake it would probably be worth a nice chunk of change in about 50 years or not.
That's even better...get the appointments of a UT-3 but the price of a UT-2

Still available. If anyone has concerns about my thread count or needs some references, please send PM. Thanks!

A very nice UT2. I believe the UT3 would have an inlay stripe down the middle of the back.

Top Bottom