New UK uker - hi from England

totallyalmost

Reaction score
Hi,

I always wanted to play acoustic guitar, but gave up because my stumpy fingers struggled too much with barre chords. Also, I found six strings were two too many (what can I say...I'm a bassist :)).

However, strumming chords and singing doesn't work so well with a bass, so I decided to buy a ukulele last weekend as a guitar replacement. I'm really enjoying playing it. I find it so much more comfortable than a guitar, and I'm totally charmed by its looks and sounds.

The new ukulele in question is a Kala KA-CE. I decided to go for the electro version because I'm hoping to use it for open mic nights, home recording, and possibly the odd song with the band I play bass for. And I picked concert size because I prefer the slightly fuller sound and having more room on the fretboard than a soprano.

I was delighted to discover that there are so many great ukulele resources, especially this site. And I was surprised to find that there are three ukulele clubs in my area, including one in my home town. I'll be going along to their next meeting to see what it's like.

Anyway, see you around on here, thanks for having me. Best wishes, Julia.

Aloha Julia,

Welcome to the UU forums and the ukulele...Yes yes you are on the best uke forums online...woo hoo we have the most friendly and nicest members around offering great
advice happy strummings....Yes the ukulele is such a fun instrument.... YesLots of guitar converts...be careful your gutar cases may collect dust and you will be selling your
guitars to upgrade your ukes...LOL congrats on your new kala uke....have fun and enjoy

Greetings, Julia. I hope you enjoy your visits here. I've learned so much about ukes and playing since I started haunting this place. I recently started with a Kala-KA C (no "E"). I really like it. Beware, if you really enjoy these things they're very seductive. I now have 3 ukes! It happened so quickly. The folks here are very friendly and helpful. Nice to have you with us.

Thanks all!

Marvelle, I'm glad to hear you like your Kala concert. I really like the tone of mine, although I don't know much about ukes yet.

Top Bottom