FS: Brand New Bruko Soprano No. 6 Special

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jim Hanks

Reaction score
PRICE DROP!!! $210 shipped to U.S.

For sale is a brand new, fresh off the plane from Germany, Bruko Soprano No. 6 Special. I ordered it with my new baritone (NUD on that in a day or two) so that we could share shipping costs from Germany.

As you can see from the photos, this soprano has a 2-piece bridge, meaning it has a plastic saddle instead of the 1-piece standard Bruko bridge. Action is fairly low, which I requested. I'm guessing about 3mm although I don't have a very accurate measuring device. It's a wee bit higher than my Ohana tenor that Mim set up for me, but quite a bit lower than the Bruko standard (so I've been told).

It has all the other No. 6 specs: solid mahogany top/back/sides, solid maple neck and fretboard, headstock veneer, friction tuners, Pyramid strings, Rockbag soft case.

See replies below for sound samples and videos.

We got lucky with U.S. customs (wasn't stopped) so your final cost with shipping to U.S. is now $210 [SUB](down from 215)[/SUB]. I am now losing [SUB](not making)[/SUB] money on this deal. As I said, I just got it to save money on my own shipping. The cheapest you can get from a U.S. dealer (not naming names), would be about $240+ shipped and that's not including the 2-piece bridge which was a 20Euro premium.

So for any soprano fans out there, this is a win-win for both of us. You save money, I save money, everybody happy, happy, happy. :D

Jim

IMG_0388.jpgIMG_0391.jpgIMG_0392.jpgIMG_0393.jpgIMG_0398.jpg

Last edited:
That's a classy move, Jim, and a considerate one, too.

If anybody's on the fence about Brukos, there are a half-dozen or so threads singing their praises. The tone is not for everyone, but I for one think it's fantastic. That, and the build quality is just outstanding: I'll risk the throwing of tomatoes and go on record saying there is no better uke-for-the-money out there.

Looking forward to the Bari review, and good luck with the sale!

Awesome! I love my Bruko. I will point my students toward this opportunity for a sweet soprano.

Best of luck!

Will you still be posting a sound sample of the soprano sometime (or did you decide to keep it)?

Macmuse: Perhaps you are referring to the original thread that I closed - I closed and started a new thread so I could take the "presale" out of the title. I will not be keeping it - just not a soprano guy. I plan on making a comparison video of the soprano vs baritone this evening.

OK, here's the sound sample I promised. You can get a lower quality stream to listen to at this link or if you'd like a high quality download, you can get it at this link. All mistakes are my own, not the instruments. :eek:

By the way, if you need more info on the soprano, I refer you to fellow member Bazzmaz who wrote an excellent review at this link. I agree with everything he wrote there and really have nothing to add except that the 2-piece bridge on mine does allow for later action adjustment.

Of course, if you have questions about my particular instrument, payment arrangements, etc., feel free to ask.

This is a really, really good deal. I was just playing my No. 6 today, and the quality of the instrument far surpasses the price. I'm actually shocked that they can even stay in business with their prices. The uke is flawless, and when you compare it to much-higher priced ukes, you really get to see how finely crafted it is. A lot of people have complained about the Pyramid strings, too, I've noticed, but I think they're fine. I especially like the bridge/saddle set up on this one; mine being just a one piece. I'm about to buy the damn thing myself. Haha.

Go ahead, make my day! :) I have to say I was fearing the worst about the strings, but I agree they're not that bad. I think I read somewhere else they may have somewhat recently switched from Pyramid nylons to fluorocarbs. Comparing my sound sample with, say, Ken Middleton's here at about 5:50 mine aren't nearly as harsh. Not as "warm" (for a soprano :) ) as say the Worth Browns here at 5:10, but if I was keeping the uke, I certainly wouldn't feel like I had to replace them right away.

Bumpity bump. Still available. If anyone is waiting for a price drop, it isn't going to happen on this one. As I said to start, I'm at my break-even point already.

Jim would be all over this if didn't already have a no. 6. These are awesome dukes and the sound is for me. Sound like a uke should. With Aquila reds it is super sounding

can't believe anyone has picked this up, yet. It is a super value.
I did the factory tour yesterday and got an impression of the not only the quality of artisan workmanship but also the incredible level of lutherie expertise present in this fine establishment with the Pfeiffers.
The collection and seasoning of the woods alone is breathtaking, and, someone like Taylor guitars is touting their horn very loudly about the woods with premium prices, while the Pfeiffers just use them and sell them on to their customers at a bargain without much fanfare.

Great story Christian. Did you come away with anything? (Like that's even a question. ;) )
Never seen a super-soprano like this: alpine spruce top, Jacaranda(Bolivian Rosewood) arched back and sides and a Brazilian fretboard...
It plays great for fingerstyle with sustain and strums like a cannon.

I have two Brüko's, a custom concert, and a n°6, N°6 with living water strings is really a very good uke. Better than many more expensive factories ukes... Finish is just clean, and sound very nice. Try it, you'll love it.

I agree, ukeval. They are sweet, as is your playing.

Never seen a super-soprano like this: alpine spruce top, Jacaranda(Bolivian Rosewood) arched back and sides and a Brazilian fretboard...
It plays great for fingerstyle with sustain and strums like a cannon.

I'll bet that uke is stunning, but most importantly, it sure is fun to say Jacaranda.

Jacaranda, jacaranda, jacaranda.

(not half a fun to say Bolivian rosewood. (yawns))

can't believe anyone has picked this up, yet. It is a super value.
I did the factory tour yesterday and got an impression of the not only the quality of artisan workmanship but also the incredible level of lutherie expertise present in this fine establishment with the Pfeiffers.
The collection and seasoning of the woods alone is breathtaking, and, someone like Taylor guitars is touting their horn very loudly about the woods with premium prices, while the Pfeiffers just use them and sell them on to their customers at a bargain without much fanfare.

Did you ask Herr Pfeiffer why his string actions go into the stratosphere?:cool:

Did you ask Herr Pfeiffer why his string actions go into the stratosphere?:cool:

Hi Steve,
we did not discuss that topic, I played about a dozen and while they did tend to run somewhat high, they were mostly within tolerance.
To me, it is the old tradeoff between easy action and muffled sound and for a soprano, I'd probably also err on the high side, a bit like Taylor vs Martin if you play them side by side...
My recommendation on a Brueko is to always go with a two piece bridge that has a removable saddle and I am going to replace my plastic one with a Graphtec TUSQ one soon and then tinker it, the nut action seems OK, might need to file some.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom