Greetings from North Texas

dmuke

Reaction score
Well it's rainin' down in Dallas...

I bought my first Uke, a soprano, about this time last year. I played at it some and put in closet until a few months ago. In the meantime, I put Aquila GCEA strings on my wife's unused baritone and found that the larger size and fretboard suited me better than the soprano. I picked up an Oscar Schmidt tenor and that one is just right for me.

I am working on it seriously now. I have become interested in the blues and am teaching myself several blues songs. I am also working on Let it Be, Blowin in the Wind, Margaritaville, Mr. BoJangles, and some others.

I am not a musician but I am trying.

I was using a downloaded tab sheet for Margaritaville and was trying to get the intro to sound right. My wife, who has perfect pitch, etc, charged into the room and straightened me out. The tab I had downloaded for the intro was wrong as it was showing:

55553 5
77775 7

and it should have been

5553 7
7775 7

I could tell something was wrong but I couldn't tell what it was.

I discovered Amplitube for Ipad and then couldn't be satisified until I had a small Marshall amp and added a piezo pickup to the tenor. That all works fine.

Anyway that's my story. Thanks for listening. Don.

Last edited:
Aloha Don,

Welcome to the UU forums and the ukulele...Yes yes you are on the best uke forums online...woo hoo we have the most friendly and nicest members around offering great
advice happy strummings..

Welcome to UU Don, glad you joined us.

BTW Guy Clark and Jerry Jeff Walker sound great on the uke too!

Enjoy and keep us posted.

Top Bottom