Next on the cards- Selmer/Maccaferri style uke

Thanks for the compliment. The wood is She Oak. There is lace and flame. this is a combination of the two. comes out a rusty red colour and is a real pig too work as far as planning goes. Chips out easily and is not a real good tang holder when pressing in the frets. I include a couple of close ups. The fret board was obtained from Tim Spittle from Australian tone woods in Western Australia. It is quite spectacular when used on larger fret boards on Guitars. It is the only bit that I bought.. the rest is made from bits I had left over from guitar projects. The inlays are butt maple, birds eye maple,Koa and Mango with abalone bits.
I will try to get it done in the next couple of weeks. Happy Building.
Garry.Photo2200.jpgPhoto2202.jpg

I've been unashamedly drooling over your website for the past half hour :eek:
Your work is absolutely stunning, it's obviously a labor of love. I especially love that Tasmanian blackwood tenor.

Thanks Della Belle

I try to make my stuff look as good as they sound :)

Not sure if your referring to that sunburst Tassy blackwood tenor or the natural wood one but figured Tassy blackwood is hard to make look ugly :)

The sunburst model is my attempt at offering a more affordable instrument by trimming down the finer time consuming woodworking elements and a month of finishing work. Now, it only costs an arm, not and arm and a leg!!!!

best,

beau

I've been unashamedly drooling over your website for the past half hour :eek:
Your work is absolutely stunning, it's obviously a labor of love. I especially love that Tasmanian blackwood tenor.

That Selmer / Macaferri is just gorgeous and sounds amazing. Your special guest does an incredible job on an instrument he was not familiar with.

Well, if I ever win the lottery, I know what I am going to order ;)

I have my eye on this thread.

(But then you already know I'm a fanboy.)

Mmmm...ziricoate and redwood. Your marquetry is superb as usual Beau. A very tasty looking instrument. Sounds good too (what's up with all the vibrato? Just kidding!). My only question is what is that lovely finish? Looks like spun honey. Nitro or acrylate or...?

Mmmm...ziricoate and redwood. Your marquetry is superb as usual Beau. A very tasty looking instrument. Sounds good too (what's up with all the vibrato? Just kidding!). My only question is what is that lovely finish? Looks like spun honey. Nitro or acrylate or...?

this new uke is still in pieces- that top pic had a photo filter on it to bring out the colour a bit- the rosette will be black MOP and red recon stone and other bits

Top Bottom