"Georgia On My Mind"

H

Hippie Dribble

1930. Stuart Gorrell; Hoagy Carmichael.

Feeling a bit reflective tonight. Here's a very humble shot at one of the most beautiful songs ever written. Played on my new custom Ono claro walnut concert uke.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sXr2dNOFfKs

Thanks for listening friends.

jon,

The Ono walnut sounds wonderful for this song. It's a terrific sound.

Now I remember who you remind me of when you sing and play: Tom Waits. You do sentimental and blues so very well, and you have the kind of gentle swing he did. I thought the pace of the piece was just right.
You've gotten some excellent chord changes in there and the slides are absolutely integrated, not just add-ons for fill.
Thanks for this.

Ray Charles would be proud. Your rendition is right up there. Well done.

Now I remember who you remind me of when you sing and play: Tom Waits.

No disrespect to Tom, but Jon is much, much better. :rolleyes:

It's great to hear the walnut sing! You make it sound so nice.

Looking forward to hearing more of the walnut and how you think it compares with the Ono mango.

Thanks so much everyone for these lovely comments. This song is a real challenge for me as there are a few high notes that are always a struggle. But Yes, I think the slow tempo is how this song really works best. As for the new uke, it's got a fantastic sound and I'll do a direct comparison with the Ono mango sometime soon. Unfortunately the lighting in this was poor and the beautiful aesthetic details don't come out. There'll be other songs for that though. Again, thanks a lot guys. :)

Top Bottom