Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Singing and playing??

Default Singing and playing??

I need some tips, I can play the tune but the minute I try to sing along I mess up my strum. I really need to sing along to get the tempo other wise I just sound so monotonous. I am a horrible singer but I feel like I need to sing to be a better player. I did search the forum but didn't find advice and yet I feel sure I read something about this since I joined in March. Thank you
    Laura
    Kala SMLT
    🙈🙉🙊

Nana ka maka; ho`olohe ka pepeiao;
    pa`a ka waha.

Observe with the eyes; listen with the ears; shut the mouth.
    Thus one learns.

Thanks I knew I had seen it here, and I searched the forum. I never seem to find anything thru the search forum, I must not use the correct words.
    Laura
    Kala SMLT
    🙈🙉🙊

Quote Originally Posted by Spud1$ View Post
    Thanks I knew I had seen it here, and I searched the forum. I never seem to find anything thru the search forum, I must not use the correct words.
    It's not you. The UU forum search function can be a bit cranky. You can search the forum using Google, just add "site:ukuleleunderground.com" (without the quotes) after your search terms in Google, and it will find forum posts for you.
    Live long, prosper, and play your ukulele.

Quote Originally Posted by cantsing View Post
    It's not you. The UU forum search function can be a bit cranky. You can search the forum using Google, just add "site:ukuleleunderground.com" (without the quotes) after your search terms in Google, and it will find forum posts for you.
    Thanks for that tip! It worked too I just tried it for another question I had. Yeah
    Laura
    Kala SMLT
    🙈🙉🙊

Default dude, ya gots to put your time in

sing/play it 50 times. report back. sing/play 50 more times. report back. betcha, you got better. there's no magic. whether dancing, juggling, hustling chicks, or shooting free throws, just put in the time.

Just takes a lot of practice. Everyone starts out the same way. Just make sure you can PLAY the song without even thinking of what your hands are doing. Then slowly add in the words. Once you get it down 1 time, it gets pretty easy.
    Just Feel The Groooooove

Quote Originally Posted by alexinaustin View Post
    sing/play it 50 times. report back. sing/play 50 more times. report back. betcha, you got better. there's no magic. whether dancing, juggling, hustling chicks, or shooting free throws, just put in the time.
    I'm not a Dude. I am an old lady trying to learn the ukulele. Spud is my dogs name. Every one else's posts were helpful but with yours I choose to laugh. I will tell you a secret....... There is Magic, you might not be taking the time to notice it.
    Last edited by Spud1$; 06-14-2013 at 04:20 PM. Reason: I felt he was sarcastic and it was eating at me so I needed to add to my response
    Laura
    Kala SMLT
    🙈🙉🙊

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle23 View Post
    Just takes a lot of practice. Everyone starts out the same way. Just make sure you can PLAY the song without even thinking of what your hands are doing. Then slowly add in the words. Once you get it down 1 time, it gets pretty easy.
    Thanks for the encouragement I really thought maybe my brain couldn't learn any more multitasking.
    Laura
    Kala SMLT
    🙈🙉🙊

Default so sensitive

Quote Originally Posted by Spud1$ View Post
    I'm not a Dude. Spud is my dogs name, every other post was helpful but yours made me laugh.
    dude wasn't meant as a male moniker. sorto like "hey guys" is considered neutral. my post not helpful because the language put you off? the context basically says practice and that ain't helpful? only dudes hustle chicks? geez.

Thread Information