Thread: Any updates from GUGUG?

Default Any updates from GUGUG?

It was their version of "Rawhide" that was featured on the front page of Youtube about 6 years ago that got me into playing the ukulele, there doesn't seem to be much activity on their account though

I sure do miss them. Anyone know much about Gus & Fin?
    Kamaka 8-String | KoAloha Sceptre Tenor | Compass Rose Flamed-Maple Tenor | Goldtone Tenor Banjolele | Ken Timms Soprano Martin Style-O | Bruko Flat Soprano #6 | Sco Dart Jazzbox Uke | Tiki Surf Flea | Kala Cedar & Acacia Baritone
    Website | Youtube |

They still play together, there's a good chance they will be at the FUIL festival in France. I nag Gus about coming to the US every year, but it's hard for them to get away because of jobs and family.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/hoosierhiver

UWC: no shirt, no shoes, no problem..

Ukes questions should be emailed to mike@mainlandukes.com

I know Gary Yoshida.

Thanks for the update Mike

I was at York's Ukulele Festival yesterday and spotted plenty of Mainlands, glad to see it's going strong.
    Kamaka 8-String | KoAloha Sceptre Tenor | Compass Rose Flamed-Maple Tenor | Goldtone Tenor Banjolele | Ken Timms Soprano Martin Style-O | Bruko Flat Soprano #6 | Sco Dart Jazzbox Uke | Tiki Surf Flea | Kala Cedar & Acacia Baritone
    Website | Youtube |

In a great big world of ukulele players, they're my favorites. I'd wondered the same thing about them. Glad they're still out there.

Somewhere.

Those guys don't know it but they had a big hand in converting me into a former guitar player...

Very talented but above all they were just having way too much fun for me to miss out on it...

John
    I'm not entirely convinced that it is possible to polish a turd. However, if one were to accomplish that feat one would still have a turd, and one all the more noticeable for being shiny.

Check out my ukulele-themed "stuff" at http://www.cafepress.com/fivebyfiveukulele - proceeds go to a good cause...UAS treatment!

Hi ByJiminy did you see any Mainland Red Cedar Tenor ukes there please, I want one, was the seller Eagle Music, if so I will order one straight away thanx in advance
    SOPRANO Kala Solid Mahogany SMHS, KoAloha Pikkake,

CONCERT Kala Flamed Maple FMC, Honu Solid Hawaiian Mango,

TENOR Kala Jazz Top, Mainland Red Cedar, Pete Howlett Cherry Marmite, Mahon Custom Cedar Top Solid Wood Electro Acoustic

BARITONE Lani LB-55CEQ Solid Spruce Top

Facebook page:- https://www.facebook.com/#!/richard.gent2

I've no idea; I just saw the rope binding and recognised the headstocks.
    Website | Youtube |

Quote Originally Posted by kaizersoza View Post
    Hi ByJiminy did you see any Mainland Red Cedar Tenor ukes there please, I want one, was the seller Eagle Music, if so I will order one straight away thanx in advance
    Eagle should have a new batch of Mainland cedars in two or three weeks.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/hoosierhiver

UWC: no shirt, no shoes, no problem..

Ukes questions should be emailed to mike@mainlandukes.com

I know Gary Yoshida.

Quote Originally Posted by hoosierhiver View Post
    Eagle should have a new batch of Mainland cedars in two or three weeks.
    Excellent news Mike thank you, I have been gigging with my other Mainland Red Cedar and fair play it has been fantastic, we raised a lot of money for charity here in the UK, now I need one to keep, sorry to flame your thread byjiminy, going back to your original question, I saw them live in last years Ukulele Festival Of Great Britain and they were fantastic, they were also great guys to talk to as well as long as you could understand their strong Scottish accent
    SOPRANO Kala Solid Mahogany SMHS, KoAloha Pikkake,

CONCERT Kala Flamed Maple FMC, Honu Solid Hawaiian Mango,

TENOR Kala Jazz Top, Mainland Red Cedar, Pete Howlett Cherry Marmite, Mahon Custom Cedar Top Solid Wood Electro Acoustic

BARITONE Lani LB-55CEQ Solid Spruce Top

Facebook page:- https://www.facebook.com/#!/richard.gent2

Thread Information