Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Animal Crossing!

Quote Originally Posted by CountryMouse View Post
    We thought not playing for 4 months, the grass might've returned somewhat. We didn't play from January until April (when what's-his-name-the-bunny showed up). Nothing, but nothing had changed, except for bugs, bedhead, and weeds. So we gave up. DH said also that it had gotten to the point that things in the game were "make-work", that it just wasn't fun anymore.
    The series has always had a lot of "Make Work" I try to avoid the kinds I don't like and do the kinds I like.

I have always enjoyed landscaping and running orchards. I loved the addition of gardening, though getting hybrids is too difficult…

My wife typically amasses great wealth by fishing. Lot's of fishing.

I hated the "fetch quests" in the original game, where you had to track down some villager's gameboy or whatnot.

I love trying to capture every insect and fish—though I have never managed to play every month of the year, and have never finished either of those goals in any of the games.

Fun stuff. But it is easy to get tired of certain things and the game doesn't really provide relief from that kind of fatigue.
    —Gregory (has no tea)

Quote Originally Posted by ihavenotea View Post
    The series has always had a lot of "Make Work" I try to avoid the kinds I don't like and do the kinds I like.

I have always enjoyed landscaping and running orchards. I loved the addition of gardening, though getting hybrids is too difficult…

My wife typically amasses great wealth by fishing. Lot's of fishing.

I hated the "fetch quests" in the original game, where you had to track down some villager's gameboy or whatnot.

I love trying to capture every insect and fish—though I have never managed to play every month of the year, and have never finished either of those goals in any of the games.

Fun stuff. But it is easy to get tired of certain things and the game doesn't really provide relief from that kind of fatigue.
    I guess it's just that things seemed much more expensive in AC:CF than in previous games, so we felt the need to make LOTS of Bells. I can't make as much money fishing as I can with a reliable source like fruit.

I never actually minded doing the errands for townsfolk in the original game or in AC:WW. I did mind having to take something to someone in another town, though, because that invariably led to one of my own townsfolk moving away! Eeep!

I managed to catch every kind of fish in the original game. I've NEVER caught all the insects, and there are a couple in AC:WW that I don't want to get anywhere near anyway, so...

I think for games lately I've gotten pretty addicted to various iPod Touch/iPhone apps. And of course Rock Band 2.

CountryMouse
    Flukes: Island Design custom; Red Cowboy | Fleas: Denim concert; Grape soprano | Enterline CBU #7
    Lanikais: LB6-S banjolele; LU-21 | Eleuke Mahogany | aNueNue U900 pineapple | Luna Great Wave pineapple
    Kalas: Purple Paisley Ukadelic; Watermelon | Red Hilo soprano | Dolphins: Pearl White; Pink Burst; Green Burst;
    Blue Metallic | Mahalos: Blue Tr Fruit; Smiley Face; Hearts; Black Les Paul | Tom Pocket Uke | Plastic: Woodi; TV Pal

Twitter | Blog | Facebook | YouTube | YouTube Too

Quote Originally Posted by CountryMouse View Post
    I think for games lately I've gotten pretty addicted to various iPod Touch/iPhone apps. And of course Rock Band 2.

I think we will pick up a used copy of RockBand (2, 3, whatever) in 5 years when both my children are old enough to play it with me and my wife. That will be fun.
    —Gregory (has no tea)

Quote Originally Posted by ihavenotea View Post
    I think we will pick up a used copy of RockBand (2, 3, whatever) in 5 years when both my children are old enough to play it with me and my wife. That will be fun.
    There is a "no fail" mode that would make it fun for kids. Although sometimes I think some of the lyrics are a bit too "old" for kids, if you get my drift. Ooo ooo, but Cat'r downloaded three Spongebob Squarepants songs. I haven't tried singing them, but I have played bass on them.

Cat'r loaned me his Wii and Rock Band 2 for the Wii, plus the guitars when he got a PS3 and RB2 for that. That way, when he comes up to visit, he doesn't have to cart the Wii + guitars back and forth. And I can practice/play when he's not here. :-P

CountryMouse
    Flukes: Island Design custom; Red Cowboy | Fleas: Denim concert; Grape soprano | Enterline CBU #7
    Lanikais: LB6-S banjolele; LU-21 | Eleuke Mahogany | aNueNue U900 pineapple | Luna Great Wave pineapple
    Kalas: Purple Paisley Ukadelic; Watermelon | Red Hilo soprano | Dolphins: Pearl White; Pink Burst; Green Burst;
    Blue Metallic | Mahalos: Blue Tr Fruit; Smiley Face; Hearts; Black Les Paul | Tom Pocket Uke | Plastic: Woodi; TV Pal

My girlfriend and I share a little island town called Mapleton...it's not much but it's home

I don't have a wii, but I still use my Game Cube! We even use the AC to do our "New Years Eve Countdown."

I am proud of my nerdity!

Quote Originally Posted by bunnyflower View Post
    I don't have a wii, but I still use my Game Cube! We even use the AC to do our "New Years Eve Countdown."

I am proud of my nerdity!
    I still think the original Game Cube version of Animal Crossing was and is the best of the three.

That's cool about using the AC NYE Countdown that way! :-)

CountryMouse

I wish they'd make a new version for DS.

I played ACWW for about a year and a half. Completed the catalog, caught all the bugs and all the fish.

And was out of things to do.

I tried collecting all the animal's portraits (but writing letter after letter wasn't much fun.)

I tried Magician's School (but sold it back two days later.)

Right now, I'm starting my AC:WW game over and waiting for the company to get their act together and come out with a new version.

I mean heck! The game came out in 2005 and is still $35 for a new cartridge! They could make a killing with a new version.

Bunnyflower, I'm so pleased you admitted that! The kids and I counted in the New Year with AC this year and last

I play ACWW, have done for years - I tried CF but couldn't get into it. It was more awkward trying to control with the wii remote. I restarted my game a couple of weeks ago, but you can go to AC websites (like Animal Crossing Community) and order free items for your game, so I ordered in lots of Royal Crowns which Nook buys for 300,000 bells and paid off my mortgages already, have Nookingtons etc. If you want to come over my details are:
    Sylvie/Oceana/0646-6666-2127
    I have heaps of crowns left, all fruit and play it far too much of you just want to hang out.

Valerie - I've been really hoping for that too, like maybe AC Island Hoppers or something! There are so many more features they could add than CF explored.

I don't have the Wii version but played the Gamecube version just about every day for nearly a year. I collected all of the bugs and fish and was quite close to completing the catalogue. AC:WW was great fun but I don't think I quite got all the bugs. My interest seems to wane during the winter months so I missed a lot of the snowman stuff in the DS version. Keep meaning to go back to it but real life means I lost interest in doing game chores every day.

I love Magician's Quest. It's not as immediately intuitive like AC and it takes a few game days before they reveal how everything works which I think lost a lot of players attention at the beginning because in my opinion the hook is the weekly quests but they timed the release poorly so people had the game for over a week already before the first special event quest started.
    However it does have some neat features which give a nice change from the usual AC routine. I'm going to wait until I have a lull in interest with the games I'm currently playing and then jump back into it.
    Ukulele: Lanikai Kohala (HU-212)

Thread Information