Hello from Oregon

BillM

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
I'm a newbie living in the Portland area. My wife presented me with a Lanikai CK-C last Christmas and I have finally committed to learning to play. The recent resurgence in ukulele popularity has also fueled my interest.

My wife and I recently visited Kauai, and I had a chance to visit several of the uke shops on the island. We met some very friendly and helpful people. Also got to hear some great slack key guitar in the Princeville area. What a wonderful place!

Bill

Welcome to the forums, Bill. Always great to have another Oregonian ukulele player at the UU!

Aloha Bill,

Welcome to the UU forums and the ukulele...Yes yes you are on the best uke forums online...woo hoo we have the most friendly and nicest members around offering great
advice happy strummings glad you picked up the uke and sounds like you had a great time on Kauai....did you meet aldrine?

Aloha Bill,

sounds like you had a great time on Kauai....did you meet aldrine?

Unfortunately, no. I was following (lurking) on UU at the time, and was not aware of Aldrine other than his videos. Maybe our next trip...

Nice to have you here, Bill. Welcome from another PDX'r.

Welcome Bill! Glad to have another Oregon uker on board!

Welcome to UU, Bill. Bunches of friendly ukers in your area.

Enjoy and keep us posted

Thanks for all of the warm welcomes.

On a related subject, today is my birthday. My wife surprised me with a gift certificate for ukulele lessons from a local uker. How lucky am I?

Top Bottom