72nd Season of the Ukulele

I'm glad you showed some Canadian singers cuz I wasn't ready to do Celine. BTW, the first season I participated was the river week! What a long time ago. hahaha

I'm glad you showed some Canadian singers cuz I wasn't ready to do Celine. BTW, the first season I participated was the river week! What a long time ago. hahaha
That was a long time ago! And that was the last time I hosted. Looking forward to hearing you do a Canadian song this week. :)

Rain or shine- I love Canada! Hope you're able to give us a song this week Lime. Happy Canada day on Monday :)
Oh yeah, that's the more obvious reason. But of course, July 4th is this week as well. But maybe you already did that last year.

I started my Sunday morning with Pabrizzer's One Day I Walk entry. It inspired me to give Bruce a go on ukulele. Bruce Cockburn's music is such a crucial, essential element in my development as a musician. I've never even thought to try any of his work on 4 strings. I play quite a bit on 6. This is a quick second take. I did not use my H2 for audio. Did my best to edit the video audio in iMovie. Now to back up and record something for Season 71.

The Cremation of Sam McGee

Here's a bonus from Season 41, The Cremation of Sam McGee, by Robert Service, who has often been called "The Bard of the Yukon".

Errrmm!!! Where was Leonard?

OMG wee_ginga_yin - a picture of Leo Kottke was inserted instead of Leonard Cohen! How did that happen?? Google autocorrect? I couldn't let it remain like that. So i went back in and fixed it. Leonard Cohen (and Rush!) are now represented in the intro vid. Thanks for pointing out my error.

FWIW Bruce was just married in Squaw Valley a couple of days ago.

I started my Sunday morning with Pabrizzer's One Day I Walk entry. It inspired me to give Bruce a go on ukulele. Bruce Cockburn's music is such a crucial, essential element in my development as a musician. I've never even thought to try any of his work on 4 strings. I play quite a bit on 6. This is a quick second take. I did not use my H2 for audio. Did my best to edit the video audio in iMovie. Now to back up and record something for Season 71.

Blurred Lines Parody by Robin Thicke : Son of Alan Thicke and Robin has dual citizenship. This is the #1 song in the country!!

I changed the words to reflect how great my Moore Bettah Ukulele is and how disgraceful Uluru is.

It is really hard to play, sing, dance, and look good :p

Last edited:
Peewee inspired me to try using the Guadalupe low octave strings[thanks peewee]. they can bee a bit muddy sounding when chording, but I thought his sounded great picked, so I thought I'd give it a try. Here's a little Mr. Lightfoot

Top Bottom