KPK Deluxe Pineapple Acacia Soprano w/Maple Binding

guitarsnrotts

Reaction score
Recently received my new Deluxe Acacia Pineapple Uke with Maple Binding.

http://pilikoko.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1&products_id=45

Once again great solid wood ukulele at a great price. The acacia contains beautiful flame, rivaling my Kamaka. The build quality is excellent with clean workmanship inside and out.This deluxe model has top and back maple binding which is a nice contrast to the golden acacia. A single ring abalone rosette sets the top off nicely. The black buttoned silver geared tuners and laser etched name on the head stock are two recent design changes that serve to further the great looks. On the playing side of things, the intonation is spot on and the neck profile is very comfortable, neither too thin or too thick. The KPK ukes come standard with a rosewood nut and saddle but I opted for the bone upgrade.The tone is bright and clear, again very similar to my Kamaka. It came strung with Worth Clears of which I am a big fan. Someone looking to spend around $200 for a solid wood soprano uke would do well to consider KPK. And great customer service from Jason.
I also have a standard KPK concert that has become my daily uke.

Last edited:
I didn't know KPK had pineapples. Thanks for the review, sounds great!

I had the understanding from another thread I think that the KPKs build was a bit on the "heavy" side. You've got a number of other ukes, how does this build compare? (I have Mainlands- concert, and long neck pineapple)

Thanks
Jim

I didn't know KPK had pineapples. Thanks for the review, sounds great!

I had the understanding from another thread I think that the KPKs build was a bit on the "heavy" side. You've got a number of other ukes, how does this build compare? (I have Mainlands- concert, and long neck pineapple)

Thanks
Jim

The builds on both my concert and now the pineapple are fairly light. A bit lighter than the Mainland and much lighter than the Lanikais. Similar to the Martin S-O or my early 70s Kamaka. I like the necks on the KPK much better than my Mainland. A bit shallower. The KPK fits my hands perfectly.

I love my KPK pineapple as well. A really lovely sounding ukulele with a fuller sound than the regular soprano. You should try the new mahogany ukes Jason carries. I've got a plain Jane soprano for about $140.00 and it is terrific sounding with a beautiful reddish brown look to it. My opinion of both instruments is on Jason's web site.

I have an older concert acacia cutaway that is little on the "heavy" side, but the distinctive woody ring is amazing. Projection good, resonance awesome. Acacia looks like good koa. I'll never get rid of it. I don't know if the newer models are lighter or not, but knew the pineapples were coming.

Congrats on that nice KPK. I have the earlier version Tenor Deluxe and Standard Concert. Both are great players. Happy to see Jason offering different bindings.

Congrats on your pineapple KPK...I had two of them...soranos....a regular and deluxe.... the regular had a brighter tone, while the deluxe had a nice rich tone...both sounded and played
very well...

Top Bottom