Thread: Kamaka Pineapple

Default Kamaka Pineapple

Does anyone have a Kamaka Pineapple?
    How do you like it?

http://www.kamakahawaii.com/instruments.html
    Minnesota Native Daughter

Do you have a snow shovel? I am currently dreaming of Florida, Hawaii and all locations without snow!

Me! Me!
    *raises hand*

My "new uke day" post from when I first got it is here - and I can honestly say that two years after purchasing it, I still love it as much as the day I brought it home. I'm a bigtime Kamaka fan, but - as a mainly soprano player, I never much cared for their figure-8 sopranos. But every Kamaka pineapple I've encountered has sounded and played amazing, whether vintage or brand new. My pineapple was my main player until I invested in a custom last year; still, the pineapple gets played pretty regularly and I always really enjoy playing it.

Default Thanks!

Thanks for response.

I have a 6 string Kamaka and love the sound, but would like a smaller uke to play with.

Quote Originally Posted by janeray1940 View Post
    Me! Me!
    *raises hand*

My "new uke day" post from when I first got it is here - and I can honestly say that two years after purchasing it, I still love it as much as the day I brought it home. I'm a bigtime Kamaka fan, but - as a mainly soprano player, I never much cared for their figure-8 sopranos. But every Kamaka pineapple I've encountered has sounded and played amazing, whether vintage or brand new. My pineapple was my main player until I invested in a custom last year; still, the pineapple gets played pretty regularly and I always really enjoy playing it.
    Minnesota Native Daughter

Do you have a snow shovel? I am currently dreaming of Florida, Hawaii and all locations without snow!

Quote Originally Posted by Jannet View Post
    Thanks for response.

I have a 6 string Kamaka and love the sound, but would like a smaller uke to play with.
    Nice! I love the sound of those Kamaka 6-strings. Makes me wish my little hands could handle playing tenors!

Pineapples are personal preferece thing in looks and comfort....some like them while others not....the bigger cavity gives the a bigger sound, often a size bigger...
    Making music is a gift in itself, and when you can share it ....it is your gift to others

That little pineapple is the only Kamaka I covet.

I played every Kamaka at Mandolin Brothers, and the pineapple was the only to induce some serious UAS!

I've got an early 50's Gold Label that was pretty beat up when I got it, sent it back to Kamaka and now it looks and plays great. It's a great strummer and I love the sound, but I mostly play finger style and my big fat fingers don't fit sopranos very well. I would definitely recommend one, but haven't played any new ones. I do think the Kamaka strings are a bit dull on mine so changed them out for Worth Clears and like them much better.
    Last edited by kenikas; 07-05-2013 at 07:00 PM.
    Bettah dan poi, Bettah dan pig, Wendel's laulaus frikin big!

Thread Information