Guitar-style strap for 5/8" jack pin electric ukulele

Status
Not open for further replies.

A_m2002

Reaction score
I looked nearly everywhere trying to find a secure guitar-style ukulele strap for my Mainland Red Cedar Tenor electric only to find nothing I would really feel comfortable with. Due to the extremely narrow groove in the jack pin, most straps slip straight out of the groove with so much as a sneeze. The guitar-style uke strap from uke leash seemed pretty good, but it was also fairly expensive and I still wasn’t sure if it would slip off or not. So with a little ingenuity and quite a bit of thought and planning, I decided I would just design my own.

It’s made out of 550 paracord- which happens to be a perfect fit for a standard electric 5/8” jack pin. It fits perfectly in the goove. You can see me in the picture me holding my entire uke up from the loop. It is extremely secure, but yet it comes on and off easily when you need it to.

I was also worried about things like buckles, metal rivets, etc., scratching up the ultra-glossy nitro finish on my Mainland, so I designed it to be without any plastics, rivets, connectors, or buckles. It is just simply 100% soft paracord.

I also wanted it to be adjustable in case I wanted to play it lower or higher up on certain gigs. So I made it with an adjustable loop that I can untie and move it if I need to, but that is still completely secure so I don’t have to worry about it untying and dropping my uke to the ground.

Then I wanted something so small and compact that it would easily fit in the little compartment in my hard case (along with a spare set of strings, tuner, and charger for my Mi-Si Acoustic Trio pickup).

Lastly, I wanted something that was durable enough that it would last me forever. So after a bit of planning I think I finally came up with the perfect strap that there has seemed to be a huge gap in the market for all this time.

Durability- 10/10

Reliability- 10/10

Comfort- 10/10

Style- 10/10

Adjustability- 10/10

Compactness- 10/10

Ease of use- 9/10 (set up does include the tying of a knot, but this is still very easy and I will even send you a quick instructional on the proper loop knot to tie.)

They even work on any standard, non-electric jack pin. The loop is easily adjustable to any size.

They are going for $20 flat, including the shipping costs for USPS First Class Mail, Paypal fees, taxes, etc.

I can also make them in other colors, with even up to three different colors, and even with the end connectors each being a different color. Just ask and I will see if I can make it happen.

They all come with a 7 day money back guarantee in case you are not satisfied with it for any reason. I will also provide a lifetime warrantee. These are quality straps that will last forever and I stand behind them 100%.

Attachments

• DSC02756.jpg
    DSC02756.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 57
  • DSC02754.jpg
    DSC02754.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 54
  • DSC02750.jpg
    DSC02750.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 50
  • DSC02749.jpg
    DSC02749.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 60
  • DSC02743.jpg
    DSC02743.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 49
Last edited:
Will these work on ukes with a regular strap pin?

Absolutely. It has a fully adjustable loop on it that can fit anything.

what is the width of the strap where it crosses the human's body? Does it attach at the base of the neck or at the nut somewhere/somehow? How does it attach at that point? Your weave looks very nice.

The width is 3/4" and it is extremely comfortable. It can attach either between the nut and the tuners for the G and A string, or between all 4 tuners. It works fine either way. It attaches just like a quick release system for any acoustic guitar/ukulele. You just run the loop underneath the strings, then bring the rest of the strap through the middle of the loop.

DSC02744_1.jpgDSC02757.jpgDSC02758.jpgDSC02759.jpgDSC02760.jpg

I've used Lori's new ukeleash that attaches to an end pin. You may need to widen the slot slightly to make it fit over the flange of some ends, but I love them.

Yeah, I just didn't want to have to modify something right out of the box. Plus, I wanted something that I know would be secure so I wouldn't have to worry about it slipping off until I needed it to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom