Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13

Thread: Everything is Broken Bob Dylan

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Central Coast, NSW, Australia
    Posts
    5,887

    Default Everything is Broken Bob Dylan


  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    DFW, TX, USA
    Posts
    8,342

    Default

    Great job Pa! I didn't realize that's a Dylan tune. I've got it by one of the young modern blues guys - probably either Jonny Lang or Kenny Wayne Shepherd.

    Edit: Yep, just went and checked - I've got it by KWS in my MP3 player...

    Edit again: Oh carp...now you've got me watching youtube blues videos - there goes the rest of this evening... LOL
    John
    Last edited by OldePhart; 07-07-2013 at 01:53 PM.
    I'm not entirely convinced that it is possible to polish a turd. However, if one were to accomplish that feat one would still have a turd, and one all the more noticeable for being shiny.

    Check out my ukulele-themed "stuff" at http://www.cafepress.com/fivebyfiveukulele - proceeds go to a good cause...UAS treatment!

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Central Coast, NSW, Australia
    Posts
    5,887

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OldePhart View Post
    Great job Pa! I didn't realize that's a Dylan tune. I've got it by one of the young modern blues guys - probably either Jonny Lang or Kenny Wayne Shepherd.

    Edit: Yep, just went and checked - I've got it by KWS in my MP3 player...

    Edit again: Oh carp...now you've got me watching youtube blues videos - there goes the rest of this evening... LOL
    John
    Thank you.
    There are worse things than watching blues videos on YT.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    2,501

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    155

    Default

    Fantastic job Pab. I love all your videos. Learning Running down a dream after I seen that the other day. Now I need to find the chords to play this Dylan song lol. Any pointers on the chords you play for us mortals?

    Fantastic job,
    ETF
    "Youth and talent are no match for age and treachery"'
    I can say that now as I'm in my 50's

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Central Coast, NSW, Australia
    Posts
    5,887

    Default

    Everything is Broken Bob Dylan

    E7
    Broken lines, broken strings
    Broken threads, broken springs
    A
    Broken idols, broken heads
    E7
    People sleeping in broken beds
    B7----------------A
    Ain't no use jiving Ain't no use joking
    E7
    Everything is broken

    Broken bottles, broken plates
    Broken switches, broken gates
    Broken dishes, broken parts
    Streets are filled with broken hearts
    Broken words never meant to be spoken
    Everything is broken

    B7
    Seem like every time you stop and turn around
    A
    Something else just hit the ground

    Broken cutters, broken saws
    Broken buckles, broken laws
    Broken bodies, broken bones
    Broken voices on broken phones
    Take a deep breath, feel like you're chokin'
    Everything is broken

    Every time you leave and go off someplace
    Things fall to pieces in my face

    Broken hands on broken ploughs
    Broken treaties, broken vows
    Broken pipes, broken tools
    People bending broken rules
    Hound dog howling, bullfrog croaking
    Everything is broken

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    120

    Default

    This is great stuff....as usual! I love your videos. You're one of my uke inspirations.....like that other guy from Tasmania. It must be in the water!

    Thanks again....paul

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    1,461

    Default

    Nice job and a cool song! Is that a low G tenor or baritone? I seem to be hearing a lot of low end.
    Last edited by mikelz777; 07-08-2013 at 06:53 AM.
    Ohana CK-42R - all-solid concert, sinker redwood top, rosewood body, maple binding, Ltd. Edition
    Kala KA-FMCG- solid/lam concert, spruce top, spalted flame maple body, mahogany binding
    Ohana CK-120G - all-solid concert, 5A acacia top sides and back, mahogany binding, Limited Edition
    Ohana SK-30M - all-solid mahogany long neck soprano (concert scale)
    Romero ST - solid/lam concert, spruce top, mahogany body

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    155

    Default

    Pab your a star, thanks for posting this.

    Quote Originally Posted by pabrizzer View Post
    Everything is Broken Bob Dylan

    E7
    Broken lines, broken strings
    Broken threads, broken springs
    A
    Broken idols, broken heads
    E7
    People sleeping in broken beds
    B7----------------A
    Ain't no use jiving Ain't no use joking
    E7
    Everything is broken

    Broken bottles, broken plates
    Broken switches, broken gates
    Broken dishes, broken parts
    Streets are filled with broken hearts
    Broken words never meant to be spoken
    Everything is broken

    B7
    Seem like every time you stop and turn around
    A
    Something else just hit the ground

    Broken cutters, broken saws
    Broken buckles, broken laws
    Broken bodies, broken bones
    Broken voices on broken phones
    Take a deep breath, feel like you're chokin'
    Everything is broken

    Every time you leave and go off someplace
    Things fall to pieces in my face

    Broken hands on broken ploughs
    Broken treaties, broken vows
    Broken pipes, broken tools
    People bending broken rules
    Hound dog howling, bullfrog croaking
    Everything is broken
    "Youth and talent are no match for age and treachery"'
    I can say that now as I'm in my 50's

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Central Coast, NSW, Australia
    Posts
    5,887

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mikelz777 View Post
    Nice job and a cool song! Is that a low G tenor or baritone? I seem to be hearing a lot of low end.
    Cheers. Baritone with standard tuning.

    Quote Originally Posted by paullchter View Post
    This is great stuff....as usual! I love your videos. You're one of my uke inspirations.....like that other guy from Tasmania. It must be in the water!

    Thanks again....paul
    Thanks for watching and for the comment.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •