FS: Macadamia Black Bear soprano—a golden beauty!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GinnyT11

Reaction score
...SOLD...

Oh, the uke world is a continual hurly-burly! I just found a William King soprano that I jumped on like a duck on a June bug. But now, alas, one of my ukes must go to finance it.

I recently bought this macadamia Black Bear soprano from Eugene Ukulele, and it's exactly as wonderful as he said it was. It has a warm sound that is similar to mahogany, but a little lighter. It glows with a warm radiance. It's a Black Bear, so it's a quality instrument.
-Solid macadamia front, back and sides
-Mango neck, with a few tiny, ancient wormholes for character
-Beautiful stripey rosewood fretboard
-Grover friction tuners
-Southcoast light-medium strings

Sound sample: https://app.box.com/s/klri89pum3fo8nkk4tyy

It is in excellent condition! There are some very faint strum marks, which are hard to see because of the mottling of the wood and the open-pore finish.

This beautiful uke with yellow (not vintage-style) hard case: $500 + actual shipping.

P1030140.jpgP1030152.jpgP1030153.jpgP1030156.jpg.

Attachments

• P1030157.jpg
    P1030157.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 55
Last edited:
How much do you weigh? I hope you didn't hurt the King soprano when you jumped on it! Can't go wrong with a Black Bear. I'm not a soprano person otherwise it'd be gone, nice uke, fairly priced!

In the future, in the BB hall of fame museum, this one will have it's own room. (I'll take my grandkids, and I'll tell them, "I could have owned this ukulele," and they'll give me a look like I'm crazy.)

Good luck with the sale, Ginny.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom