FS: Vintage Martin Baritone

Status
Not open for further replies.

remy26

Reaction score
Repost to clean up the thread.

I'll try to get some sound clips when I can. Getting ready for open houses and packing up is cramping my uke time!

I'm finally getting ready for our big cross-country move so I need to pare back my collection. The Turner and vintage baritones are staying, so these won the lottery. Sorry for any blur in the pics...it's hit or miss with my phone pics. If there is anything additional you want to see, please let me know and I can try again.

First up is a vintage Martin Baritone. If I had to guess, I would say it was probably made around 1960-1961, but I'm not an expert so I could be wrong. Overall it's in really clean condition with a few bumps and bruises from time. The worst is on the upper bout. It was repaired at some point as you can tell from the pics. The repair appears to be very well done. The really cool thing is that the original owner kept the pieces of wood that were removed for the repair and these will be included in the sale as well. It also comes with the original hang tag, which I thought was a nice touch. Will ship in a practically brand new Ko'olau hardshell case. I has been recently been set-up at Gryphon and they gave it the A-OK after checking it out.

$725 shipped! US sales only please.

More here:

http://s872.photobucket.com/user/nasoj26/slideshow/Vintage Martin Baritone

Last edited:
Remy, I think you'll have better luck with better (and more) photos.

Well, I'm not sure when I'll have time to get new pics and a sound clip, so as a consolation, I'm dropping the price to $725 shipped in hopes someone will give it a go.

Other than the repair mentioned, there are no issues with the uke as far as I can tell. Gryphon didn't find anything during their setup either, so here's a chance to get a vintage Martin at a great price!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom