A Blast from Dominator's Past

Dominator

Reaction score
No uke content here but my wife and I were digging through some old VHS tapes over the Holidays and came across this old performance for a local public broadcasting TV station from 13 years ago.

Over the years we've used a number of different drummers but the current lineup is the same as in this video. It's so funny to look back at this stuff. We look like kids back then compared to now. The good thing is that the band is still together and stronger than ever. There are a couple other tunes from that night that I might upload as well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WqzUp-0ytbM

U Rock, Dom . . . diggin da voice, too!

Dang Don, you boys were tight even back then. That drummer looks alot like either Howard Stern, or quite possibly Deach with long hair (and a few less lbs).

Some smooth licks in there Dom... Sounded good, was that an original tune? Reminds me of Robert Cray...

I'm not really sure who wrote the tune but I learned it from a Lucky Peterson CD that was given to me by a friend. I think Lucky wrote it. I credited him at the end of the video.

We used to do some Robert Cray also. We started off as pretty much a Blues band but quickly discovered how that limited our ability to book outside the local area. That's when we decided to add the 70s and 80s rock stuff to the list.

That drummer looks alot like either Howard Stern, or quite possibly Deach with long hair (and a few less lbs).

That's funny because we all said he looked like Howard Stern when we first viewed the video and then my wife said the same thing the other day when we found it.

i have moustache and guitar skills envy. that was a smokin' hot performance. you should sing more often!

Hey, what is it with all of you and your moustache fetishes?:p. I usually had a full but well groomed beard most of the time but there was a short time inbetween where it was just the moustache.

Russell, we will be back at the Main Street Brewery on Feb 21 if you can make it out. We will have two new cover tunes and another original ready by then.

Hey, what is it with all of you and your moustache fetishes?:p.

tell me about it. i need me some professional help. (that or super glue and some velour pipe cleaners)

Russell, we will be back at the Main Street Brewery on Feb 21 if you can make it out. We will have two new cover tunes and another original ready by then.

excellent, i've regretfully missed your last few shows. putting it on the calendar now!

If i had a stache like that, I bet I could play guitar like that. That's got to be the key.

Great stuff...really great.

That's funny because we all said he looked like Howard Stern when we first viewed the video and then my wife said the same thing the other day when we found it.

You mean the drummer wasn't you?? Aw shucks... :D

Awesome shredding! I gotta show this one to my one of my J's who plays electric guitar.

Top Bottom