Look what I won!

Habanera Hal

Reaction score
On a goof, I was browsing around on QuiBids last week. Found an auction that was about to close with no bids, so I threw out .01 (yes, a penny) and it stuck! Then, because my winning bid was less than fifty cents, their policy is you get it at NO CHARGE, plus, shipping is always free! I didn't believe it, but it showed up today. It's a Diamond Head Soprano uke, retails for around $30. Geared tuners, intonation seems good, decent finish, even came with a vinyl bag. LOL!

QuiBid Uke 001.jpg
QuiBid Uke 002.jpg
QuiBid Uke 003.jpg

Welcome to the "I won a free uke" club.

Cool! Don't ya just love those lucky chances!

Cool! I'd never heard of QuiBids - is it something like eBay used to be when it was actually an auction site? :)

So I checked out the site and there are lots of things going for pennies. With free shipping, all those sellers are losing money. Makes me wonder......
Ah, you have to PAY to bid. You never really get something for nothing ;)

Last edited:
How does it sound? There is a pink one at my LMS. I want to get it for my daughter.

Here ya go Phart. It's one of those "pay to bid" type sites. They generally give you free a fist full of free bids to get ya hooked. Many times can land a smaller ticket item for free with them. They count on that getting ya hooked, so you purchase larger batches of bids. It's not a bad thing as long as you do total math, and use self control.
http://reviewopedia.com/workathome/quibids-com-reviews-is-quibids-a-scam/

They win, because yes, you run a chance of winning a $500 item for $50 or so, good for you, and them, because all the bids that bid it up to that $50 bid they sold each one of those bids, so they made a buttload off selling the bids and can afford to let an item for so cheap because they make thier money off selling the bids, not the item.

Last edited:
Tudorp has it down. You buy a "lot" of bids (they also give you free bids when you perform certain acts). Prices start at 0.00 and goes up by a penny a bid until no one else bids and the auction closes. If someone bids, they put another 20 seconds on the clock. Each time you bid, it costs you .01, so if 5 people bid, that's .05 Quibids collects besides the final winning bid price. If you play it right you can get a good deal, but don't go into an auction thinking you're going to get something for nothing. I was lucky, and I did.

Top Bottom