WTB - Best Uke for $150

Kyle23

Reaction score
Looking for my 3rd ukulele! I prefer a concert, but if I see a tenor I like I would be open to that also. Lemme know whatcha got! And that price is a little flexible. I could go maybe a tad higher.

Youre in the KPK, Makai, Vineyard pricing...add 70-80 bucks more and get a mainland......or you could be patient for second hand in the marketplace...

You can probably get an originally-300(ish) uke used for that price in the marketplace. People on here have always been good with the used ones I have bought.

I have gotten some great deals, a few here in the Marketplace, for around $125

Yeah I assumed I could get a decent used uke here rather than paying full for a new one.

Why buy new and deal with the immediate depreciation?

Buy used and save money....plus you can surely get a better deal. Maybe save up a little more and get something really nicer than what you already have.

Plus......there's apparently something missing in the other 2 ukes you have or you wouldn't be shopping....or are you just looking to collect?

Maybe think hard about what you're missing...and really what it is you're looking for that the other two don't have and then look for the specific instrument that has that something you're looking for. Otherwise, blindly buying ukes (and spending money) is not likely to satisfy you.

Last edited:
Mainland...? Who said Mainland??
Wonder why you (almost) never see Mainland ukes for sale? Hmmmmmmmmm??

Don't need to worry about depreciation if you don't sell...

Why buy new and deal with the immediate depreciation?

Buy used and save money....plus you can surely get a better deal. Maybe save up a little more and get something really nicer than what you already have.

Plus......there's apparently something missing in the other 2 ukes you have or you wouldn't be shopping....or are you just looking to collect?

Maybe think hard about what you're missing...and really what it is you're looking for that the other two don't have and then look for the specific instrument that has that something you're looking for. Otherwise, blindly buying ukes (and spending money) is not likely to satisfy you.

Wise advice! I think sometimes we (I) blame the uke when really what's 'missing' is playing proficiency...sometimes money is better spent on a workshop or lessons or... NOT spent and time spent practicing instead. I try to remind myself of that often. Like everytime I find myself on the UU marketplace ;)
ME

I'll also toss out a flea ukulele as well. You can call a see if they have any seconds available with concert neck.

Cordoba Concert 2008 (made Portugal) Solid Koa, ebony fret board, bone nut and saddle with vintage black clapboard case. $125 plus shipping.
If you have a tenor and concert and want to try a soprano. I have several, both solid koa and mahogany at the same price. PM UkeOG for photos and more information or email jamiewoodburn@yahoo.com.

Top Bottom