bad planning...world's greatest uke for sale ko'olau CS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stevelele

Reaction score
So I have an LFDM, a Wolverton, a Vento AND a Devine coming -- even though I ordered them at very different times, they are all ready at just about the same time, and I'm also facing some steep property expenses. So I have to sell something, maybe even some of these new ones. I am considering the sale of something I barely touched and had considered untouchable--a Ko'olau CS, made of unbelievably beautiful curly koa. Corey and Aaron at HMS both said that this was one of the best ukes they had ever played, and they have played thousands, including some of the legendary ukes like Jake's personal Kamaka. It is amazingly well-balanced. Its sweet spot is everywhere. I've played a lot of high end ukes, and it doesn't get better than this--this is truly on another level. I am the first and only owner. I am the first and only owner and played it for about 45 minutes total, very gingerly--probably less than the guys at HMS. PS, if I win the powerball tonight, this uke is no longer for sale...ever.

Here is the original review: http://theukulelereview.com/2013/04/16/the-best-ukulele/ SOLD

plus shipping and only no fee paypal. With binding and fretboard upgrade, this instrument is worth .Koolau-CS-Koa1.jpgKoolau-CS-Koa-2.jpgKoolau-CS-Koa3.jpg

Last edited:
Why don't you see if anyone one to take over your other builds as this one is complete and you know that it sounds awesome.

I've already done this, Daniel and have some other things in process. My goal is in the end just to have a few ukes anyhow, so there's a good chance that I'll sell some or most of the ones I mentioned. Ideally, I would like to see what they are like before I sell them though--you probably know by now that for me, I just like to try and don't have a lot of time to play.

Why don't you see if anyone one to take over your other builds as this one is complete and you know that it sounds awesome.

Last edited:
I think it's honduran rosewood--hard to see in the photos, but it has some really cool figure in it. The shape of the neck is great. It is the most comfortable neck I have ever experienced

Out of curiosity what is the fretboard made of?

I've already done this, Daniel and have some other things in process. My goal is in the end just to have a few ukes anyhow, so there's a good chance that I'll sell some or most of the ones I mentioned. Ideally, I would like to see what they are like before I sell them though--you probably know by now that for me, I just like to try and don't have a lot of time to play.

I agree...trying out a new uke you've been waiting for is too fun to give up!!

These are nice ukes, something anyone looking for a high quality ukulele should consider, best of luck with the sale, Steve!

Thanks Terrence! I hope to buy one of your sweet ukes one of these days

These are nice ukes, something anyone looking for a high quality ukulele should consider, best of luck with the sale, Steve!

I have a potential buyer for this uke.... thank goodness -- both Eric Devine and Luis de Feu Mequita both contacted me yesterday, telling me that my ukes are ready and asking for payment. that's a lot of uke on its way!!! Schwooo!

Just wrapped up the uke and played it for one last time. Wow, is it great--what a wonderful wonderful tone. And so different from the others I've played. The buyer is going to love love love this! Stay tuned Noa Bonk, I may be back for more someday

Just wrapped up the uke and played it for one last time. Wow, is it great--what a wonderful wonderful tone. And so different from the others I've played. The buyer is going to love love love this! Stay tuned Noa Bonk, I may be back for more someday

Sorry you have to see it go, but at least you've got a lot of other nice instruments to distract you from thinking about it! Your CS is just gorgeous, and I agree that Noa's builds are different somehow. They've got a very unique "personality." My concert Ko'olau probably gets played more than any other uke I own. I just gravitate to it whenever play. For that reason, I actually have a CS on order myself. Really looking forward trying another high end Ko'olau.

Congrats on your Devine and Mequita!

-Steve

Sorry you have to see it go, but at least you've got a lot of other nice instruments to distract you from thinking about it! Your CS is just gorgeous, and I agree that Noa's builds are different somehow. They've got a very unique "personality." My concert Ko'olau probably gets played more than any other uke I own. I just gravitate to it whenever play. For that reason, I actually have a CS on order myself. Really looking forward trying another high end Ko'olau.

Congrats on your Devine and Mequita!

-Steve

Can I buy your Moore Bettah since it doesn't get played as much? :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom