First (free) Lesson at Guitar Center Nashua

ArtOfDavid

Reaction score
I decided to take a small bit of time to attend Guitar Center's free Uke lesson Saturday. While in depth it was not, it did solidify the desire to seek out further lessons. The key thing I learned was patience in going between two chords before moving on. I did think the guy giving the session picked a harder strum to start with for the beginner but I had already been practicing the DDUUDU strum.

Anyway, now I'll start looking for a local lesson to help speed the learning process along.

The good thing with lessons is it keeps you motivated and learning the correct way of doing things and having someone to make sure you don't pickup bad habits as their called.

i went to the GC lesson also, in memphis. not bad for a first lesson and i got to meet a few fellow ukers.

I went to the GC lesson too and found it helpful for absolute day 1 beginners but probably not much farther. However I went back for a few more Saturdays to ask the instructor questions about certain chords I was struggling with, she offered that if I came at the end of her shifts she'd give me a more in-depth lessons for free, so I start those next week! Kinda like a mentorship thing. Thought it was pretty cool of her to offer that!

Top Bottom