Southern Cross Banjo Uke ( Gibson UB2 Copy)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DPO

Reaction score
This is my latest offering.
The rim is Maple laminate with a Birds Eye maple veneer, the neck is American Ash black lacquered, with matching resonator.
Fingerboard and headstock are Rosewood, position markers are Ash.
All the hardware is top quality, mostly Canadian, the 18 hook tension hoop is hand cast in Czechoslovakia. Tuners are planetary style geared 4:1 ratio. Vellum is genuine calfskin with a brass tone ring for the original banjo Uke sound. Resonator is easily removed for open back playing.
Sorry about the quality of the photos my Canon camera has malfunctioned and I had to use the tablet camera.

Price reduced. US$900.00 plus shipping.

Kind Regards
Dennis

Attachments

• img6.jpg
    img6.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 134
  • img5.jpg
    img5.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 119
  • img4.jpg
    img4.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 105
  • img3.jpg
    img3.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 92
  • img2.jpg
    img2.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 84
Last edited:
Your banjo ukes look very nice. Have any of your clients posted sound samples and reviews of your previous instruments?

Wow-wee! That is SWEEEEEEEEEEET! Is it the same size as a Gibson? I've played a couple, and like them, but they're sort of "Sub-soprano"-sized.

Wow-wee! That is SWEEEEEEEEEEET! Is it the same size as a Gibson? I've played a couple, and like them, but they're sort of "Sub-soprano"-sized.
Hi,
It is the same dimension as the Gibson UB2, the scale makes it a concert size, the Ub1 was smaller.
Glad you like it.
Dennis

Hi,
It is the same dimension as the Gibson UB2, the scale makes it a concert size, the Ub1 was smaller.
Glad you like it.
Dennis

Ah, I've only played UB1s. I didn't realize the UB2 was bigger. It wouldn't take much to be bigger than a UB1!

Ah, I've only played UB1s. I didn't realize the UB2 was bigger. It wouldn't take much to be bigger than a UB1!
Lol, yes there is a world of difference between a UB1 and a UB2.
Regards
Dennis

Your banjo ukes look very nice. Have any of your clients posted sound samples and reviews of your previous instruments?
Hi John,
No reviews have been posted. I did a video for one of them here, http://youtu.be/3qWF1B48HPE
Be aware I am not a great player and the sound is straight off a tablet so not the best, but it may help.
Regards
Dennis

Lol, yes there is a world of difference between a UB1 and a UB2.
Regards
Dennis

I've got to say, I did rather enjoy the couple of UB1s I've played. But yeah, a little bigger would be good too!

Sorry if I missed these ...
Is a case included/available?
What is the size of the head?

Still for sale. make an offer, go on you know you want to.:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom