Hi from Scotland :)

muvulele

Reaction score
Hey everyone! I hate writing introductions, it always feels like I'm writing a CV and I end up going on and on and on... :D

Anyway... I'm Muv. I'm 31yrs and I'm from southern Scotland.

I've been playing guitar for about 14years, I'm not very good at it though, I play chords mostly - my music teacher at school told me I'd never be able to play because I really struggled with it in music class, but I bought my own and persevered outside of school and now I'm happy to be fairly competent. I play at a local open mic night quite regularly and people seem to enjoy when I play, so I'm happy with that.

I've been playing drums/percussion since I was 13yrs. I've played percussion in a number of bands - jazz, blues, rock, brass bands, orchestras and marching bands.

I also play piano, I started that when I was about 8yrs, I'm pretty rusty nowadays but I still have a little tinkle every now and again.

I bought myself a dirt cheap ukulele a year ago, but I never really gave it a chance. I've recently bought a better ukulele and am starting to play it properly now.

I write my own songs, but that's mostly for my own amusement. I've got a FB page for my music but it's mostly my friends who are fans, I have too many songs of too many styles to try seriously to attract fans outside of people I know. A lot of the songs are pretty nonsensical too.

What else? - I'm a keen skateboarder, found a photo of me on my first skateboard back in 1990, I might post it sometime :D

Oh and I work in an animal rescue/rehoming centre, I started out being a volunteer there and then went off to college to study animal care and have now been properly working at the centre for 3 years. It's such a rewarding job, one of the best decisions I've made in life. It can be really depressing, but the good outweighs the bad. There's a link in my sig to my works FB page.

Ok I'm going on and on and on... so that'll do for now, hopefully you'll all get to know me through the forum :)

welcome from Memphis, thanks for helping out animals, a noble cause. down a Dewars for me!

Scottish means you have a sexy accent right? ;). Welcome!

Welcome to UU, glad you joined us. I got to travel to Dunoon in my previous job. Beautiful country.

Enjoy and keep us posted

Welcome, glad you joined us. Should be a piece of cake for you. Lots of guitarists and tried to be guitarists here.

Aloha MUV,
Welcome to the UU forums and the ukulele...Yes yes you are on the best uke forums online...woo hoo we have the most friendly and nicest members around offering great advice.
Happy Strummings

Welcome! And congrats for proving your music teacher wrong! :)

I've always wanted to visit Scotland (I'm a whisky buff).

JJ

I too have always wanted to visit Scotland. Congratulations on picking up the uke. It is a great instrument. This is also a great forum, so much information and support here. Welcome to UU!

Hello and welcome aboard!

Thanks everyone!
I've been quite busy recently, but I hope to start exploring the forum properly soon!

Top Bottom