NYC ukulele festival

cashew

Reaction score
hey-- I just checked out the site, which FINALLY updated.... http://www.nyukefest.com/index.htm

May 22-24 2009

The Zipper Factory

336 W. 37th street in Manhattan between 8th & 9th Avenues.

So.... who's going? If I'm off, I'll be there!

--Cashew

Ditto:

If I'm off, that is. And I hope to bring a few friends from the block. As the date gets closer, lets make arrangments to meet up atleast once, say at one of the open mikes!!

You betcha-- I missed last years-- It was actually the week before I first picked up a uke :)

I should get practicing :)

I clicked on the link and it now says this years festival is cancelled. I was looking forward to going to it. Oh well, maby next year.

wow-- that royally sucks--I really was looking forward to it.

oh well, here's hoping for a NYC meetup eventually :)

--Nut

That wouldve been my first ukefest :/

(not that I would have gone up and played)

The venue- The zipper Factory just closed up shop in the middle of the night. Probably what killed it.

I went to Ukefest just after I got my uke and now was looking forward to attending now that I know just enough to be dangerous. Too bad.

Just throwing this out there- I have a film/tv edit facility in a loft here in NYC. If anyone wanted to do some work putting together some kind of event, I could make the space avail. There are several smaller rooms and a big open lounge that could probably get reworked to a jam/performance/open mic kind of thing.

Any ideas?

New York Ukefest

It is my understanding that the NY Ukefest that was canceled is back on for weekend of May 29-31 at Baruch College and The Gershwin Hotel. Looks like there are going to be a lot of performers and workshops.

Check out:http://nyukefest.com

Are you going? Would love to travel up from Richmond and join this ukefest!

ny uke fest

hey, just wondering who else is going to the new york uke fest. im a little bit apprehensive about playing alongside of the gods in the ukulele world. should i get my new uke now, or wait until the fest to see what vendors have there? thanks and see you all there:)

i know its sooooo expensive

The cost of getting in is going to prevent me from buying another uke for a pretty long time. :( But I hear MGM will have a table set up, and lots of wonderful things for sale.

Besides, uke players as a whole aren't a judgmental bunch, and if you bring a cheap uke nobody will give you a hard time about it. :D

When is it? My husband and I are thinking about a trip to NYC, with no predetermined date, but this could help in the decision.

Top Bottom