Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: How Long You Been Playing?

I started playing bass in October or November of 1980 when I was 15. So it will be 30 years this year. Yikes. No wonder my back hurts!
    After I started, I found out that my uncle is also a bass player (he started in '64 after seeing The Beatles on Ed Sullivan). Before I started playing bass, I had always just assumed that that thing at my grandparents' house was an electric guitar. Turns out it was a bass all along!
    I have a 17 year old niece who plays cello and a bit of guitar. A few years ago she wanted to learn bass, so I loaned her one of mine for a couple of years. She and my sister came to visit last month and she couldn't put my ukulele down! I am planning on getting her a Mainland for her 18th birthday this year.
    Last edited by Chris Tarman; 01-23-2010 at 08:28 PM.

I started playing bass back in 2006, and just got my Ukulele about...three days ago.

around 6 years. Bass is the instrument that bred my love for music! Currently majoring is Bass at university.
    - Daniel

Facebook
    Twitter
    My Uke Videos!
    Uke player for acoustic instrumental group XIII
    Bassist for corporate band Ridiculous

I started playing back in 2004 for my friends who were in a band and needed a bassist. I havent been able to put it down since
    Lanikai Lu-21 Soprano

I've been trying to teach myself how to play for a couple of years now. Love the bass. Can't slap and have no interest in learning that particular style.

Have recently been teaching myself (with Internet sources) how to refinish basses.

The Peavey Fury hanging on the left side is the first one I've completed.

Thread Information