How Long You Been Playing?

I don´t really play bass. Well, I own one, and I do pick it up from time to time, but I don´t got any skills. But I´ve had it for about 5 months. Does it count?

I was a wannabe bass player forever. I got a bass just over 10 years ago, took lessons for about 3 months, then went to graduate school and gave it up.
I finally traded a buddy a homemade strat for a homemade bass and took lessons for about 6 months, which ended a year ago. I still play bass at local blues jams, private jams, and whenever I can, and I really love it.

I've been playing for about 5 years. I think I should be a lot better at it than I am at this point, but I guess that's okay. :p

bass guitar is awesome :D even though its very different to the ukulele i love them both :)

i have been learning for 2-3 years and i dont plan on stopping :)

If you ever get round to youtube take a look at victor wooten and flea from red hot chili peppers

I wish i could play slap :rolleyes: but i will keep trying

I started playing bass... on an upright double bass... when I was a junior in high school. Over the years, I played off and on, electric bass being my thing. However, I didn't even own a bass until 2002. Now I play once a month for a worship team at my church.

I started playing bass in October or November of 1980 when I was 15. So it will be 30 years this year. Yikes. No wonder my back hurts!
After I started, I found out that my uncle is also a bass player (he started in '64 after seeing The Beatles on Ed Sullivan). Before I started playing bass, I had always just assumed that that thing at my grandparents' house was an electric guitar. Turns out it was a bass all along!
I have a 17 year old niece who plays cello and a bit of guitar. A few years ago she wanted to learn bass, so I loaned her one of mine for a couple of years. She and my sister came to visit last month and she couldn't put my ukulele down! I am planning on getting her a Mainland for her 18th birthday this year.

Last edited:
around 6 years. Bass is the instrument that bred my love for music! Currently majoring is Bass at university.

I've been trying to teach myself how to play for a couple of years now. Love the bass. Can't slap and have no interest in learning that particular style.

Have recently been teaching myself (with Internet sources) how to refinish basses.

The Peavey Fury hanging on the left side is the first one I've completed.
DSCF9862.jpg

Top Bottom