Uncle Rod's Boot Camp via Skype

Cooper Black

Reaction score
Anyone teaching Uncle Rod's Boot Camp via Skype? I'm wanting to teach my niece, and Skype is the logical medium. Looking for tips and insight about lesson via Skype. What works well, or maybe not so much.

I intend to use the Uke Boot Camp because IMO Uncle Rod is onto something big. At least, count me as a believer in his primer method; deep wisdom readily digestible. :spam:

Backstory:

Young Cooper Girl (CB's niece) showed big interest in Music (capitol M) during her recent visit to Asheville. Age 11 with no previous experience, she learned a few uke chords on our family backpacking trip. Few days later, she's learning guitar chords and jamming on Jambalaya inside a real jam. Very promising.

Cooper Brother (Dad) already knows what Music means to Cooper, and he ordered up an Islander for the Young Girl.

Tuning is probably goal #1. Chords shapes and changing in time come next.

Long term goal will be coaxing this quiet/shy girl into singing out, with feeling while accompanying herself on the uke.

Looking for wisdom and guidance towards these goal, in general.

Many thanks!

I look at Boot Camp as more of a self teaching tool (or maybe for a youngster, a map for an adult guide) rather than something covered via Skype. But maybe I'm wrong....

Very wonderful story and I'm so glad she found her medium!!! I bet she will love it and take right off on improving. Skype or face time might be fun to play together and work on some things. I have been asked to teach wind lessons on Skype, but have declined. I prefer to be hands on, but if you're game to try it, go for it!

Top Bottom