View Poll Results: Have you ever posted to the Island?

Voters
24. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes!

21 87.50%
  • No, but I will do so today!!!

3 12.50%
Page 209 of 210 FirstFirst ... 109159199207208209210 LastLast
Results 2,081 to 2,090 of 2092

Thread: The Island of Misfit Seasonistas

This is the song I did live in the Zoom session last week that people got a kick out of. A funny parody of the classic song "I've been everywhere", now because of the pandemic, it's been changed to "I ain't been nowhere". This was written and performed by Chuck Mead, and his version is on Youtube. Here's mine.

Here's a recording I made for a rehab facility recently.

Here's a Memorial Day song I recorded for a rehab center. The Elton Britt recording of this song sold over 4 million copies during World War II.

I was thinking about doing this song this week, but this one from 12 years ago, there's no way I could match the hair...

Blogging about a momentous life change as I switch careers and continents--> Leaving America

A bunch of local musicians who all attend the same open mic night have been working on a virtual collab to pay tribute to the NHS, by singing "God Save The NHS" a slng written by a local guy called Mark Handley.

They kindly let me do a bit of plinking as well.

https://m.facebook.com/groups/142827...bvzho&d=n&vh=i
    "Even on a cloudy day, I'll keep my eyes fixed on the sun"

"But I heard voices, Not in the head, out in the air, they called to me. Through record speakers, through thick and thin, they found a shelter, beneath my skin"

Shouting Into a Tin Can EP on Soundcloud now!

Quote Originally Posted by RAB11 View Post
    A bunch of local musicians who all attend the same open mic night have been working on a virtual collab to pay tribute to the NHS, by singing "God Save The NHS" a slng written by a local guy called Mark Handley.

They kindly let me do a bit of plinking as well.

https://m.facebook.com/groups/142827...bvzho&d=n&vh=i
    that was FAB by all involved!
    Last edited by pabrizzer; 06-06-2020 at 12:26 AM.

Thanks Pa. Was fun to be a part of. Trevor, who did the harmonica solo at the end of the first verse, comperes the open mic and managed to pretty seamlessly move it online. He's the one who put the video together and i can't imagine how much work must have gone into it
    Last edited by RAB11; 06-05-2020 at 06:44 PM.
    "Even on a cloudy day, I'll keep my eyes fixed on the sun"

"But I heard voices, Not in the head, out in the air, they called to me. Through record speakers, through thick and thin, they found a shelter, beneath my skin"

Shouting Into a Tin Can EP on Soundcloud now!

Getting my Leon on.
    HyperBob says: Scottish steel and Irish fire, that's the weapon I desire
    My Youtube Ukulele channel
    My Youtube Gardening channel

Hello everyone,

It’s Make Music Day, and since this one has no foul language and lacks any earworms, on The Island it goes!

SOPRANOS: • 1920s Gibson UKE1 (Olympian label) • 1930s Martin 2M • Ohana SK-28 ‘Nunes’ • Flea koa • Ohana SK-35G solid mahogany • Famous FS-1
    CONCERTS: • Martin C1K • Enya Nova U (blue) • Ohana CK-50WG (solid cedar top) • Firefly maple banjolele • Makala MK-CE
    OBJETS D'ART: • Vintage 'Mauna Loa' c. 1925 soprano • Kahuna "Felix the Cat" soprano • Woodrow "Steelers" soprano

Raleigh Uke Jam:

My YouTube page

I didn't miss swear words week I had in entry ready to go somewhat. It's a bit of a dirge in the D minor; Jon Duncan helped a lot.

My Slabobian grandfather used to sing this a lot. Mande my grandmother angrey every time he did, so it must be very "blue"

Blogging about a momentous life change as I switch careers and continents--> Leaving America

Thread Information