The Island of Misfit Seasonistas

Have you ever posted to the Island?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Completely missed the two song limit on Fred's season so moving number 3 over here.

I love this theme thread. All the songs I've wanted to do but haven't got any theme so far are coming out.

This is by a band called Drenge. Their debut album in 2013 was a bit of an odd one, basically just a chemical of all the songs they'd written up to that point in order. It was really cool to see their writing develop but on the whole it was a fairly basic punk/grunge album that you couldn't really see going much further.

Fast forward to 2015 and their second album Undertow. Completely took me by surprise, they took their riff rock, drenched it in reverb, added a bassist and then made a concept album about a teenage girl going out with an older guy. The entire album is fantastic but it comes to a head with this song where it inevitably ends in tragedy.

Quite happy with how it translates to the uke too.

This isn't a traditional Island post, but I figure this is the best place to make this request. ;)

If you have Facebook, can you please go to this link and comment that you'd like to see Travels With Brindle at the Boston Christmas Tree lighting? This is my last-ditch effort to get on the bill, and I could use all the help I can get. I'm here on FB. Thanks!

Here's a holdover from Rustyy's New Orleans Season, a cool tune I think. This was a minor country hit for Penny DeHaven in the late 60's. I'm a big fan of hers, she really had the chops to be a major star.

Price Tag in a minor key (hehe)

An old Russian song warning about the dangers of capitalism
and and advising against excessive consumerism.

Dedicated to a dear friend (you know who you are.) Originally recorded this for the UAS Anonymous SOTM, but being at a loose end yesterday - when it was cold and miserable and the most exciting thing I did was to take the car down to the local garage to get the snow tyres fitted - I decided to turn it into a video. Note to self - get a life!!!

Top Bottom