The Island of Misfit Seasonistas

Have you ever posted to the Island?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This is not a song I would recommend to play at a jam (unless everyone was willing to sing it an octave lower.)

13 years ago, on 3/31/2007, I did something that caused a change in who and what I am to this day...

I bought my first ukulele

More stuff to land here on the island before the tide washes it all away.....

Been mucking about with slide this week and this song came out. So I recorded it while soundchecking for a virtual open mic tonight.

Here's a brief Easter Medley I did for my Facebook page, figured I'd post it here too. Hope everyone is doing well and staying safe!

It's my first day of a two-week, Buddhist New Year break from work, and I'm doing my best not to think about the school that sucks so much of my time and energy. I told my boss I was dedicating this week to my music as I can't really go anywhere. WE'll start by wrapping up a few work-related loose ends. Back on March 14th, I gave a talk to a group of Myanmar students which included a local celebrity. The topic was Writing Lyics in English. In this video I condense a 90-minute presentation to 9. Featuring the music of Joonkevo MacDunkfith (Joo, Jon, Kevin & I)

This one doesn't quite fit this weeks theme, so I figured i'd share it here! I hope all you fine boys and girls are staying healthy and well ~

If anyone knows how to get in touch with Lori McSorley (our late friend Randy's wife) would you be so kind as to pass this on to her?

I have just acquired a new uke ... all the way from New Zealand. It is a Barebones Colonial Tenor, made by Barebones Folk Instruments. It is rather lovely and I thought that some of you might be interested in having a look at it. One of my favourite songs is Mike Nesmith's "Different Drum" and this is what I chose to play - please don't make the mistake of thinking that because it is one of my favourite songs I might actually be able to play it! However, perhaps you will be able to hear from this sample what the uke might sound like in more experienced hands (i.e. anyone's but mine!) All the details about the uke are in the video. Thank you and goodnight!

That seems big for a tenor, Val, how comfortable is it to hold? Gorgeous wood on it though and it sounds great.

Looks and sounds great. It has a very full sound. Interesting body shape. Are sure it's not a fruitwood Ukulele?

I'll get me coit.

Top Bottom