The Island of Misfit Seasonistas

Have you ever posted to the Island?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
New (old) Original Song

Hola Seasonistas!
Long time, no post. :( But here is an original song that I started a long time ago. I think it was originally supposed to be in Uke4ia's drugs season, but it never came together. I reworked it a few times, and most recently thought I'd finish it for RAB11's Doctor season, but I got overly ambitious with the video and blew the deadline...

Steve's 389th Season of the Ukulele was entitled "Dream On." I knew two songs with exactly that title, one by Nazareth and one by Aerosmith. I kind of fooled around with both, but I had to be away half of the week, so neither made it to video. I played the Aerosmith some more over the weekend, so it kinda stuck on me. Here is a belated video for Dream On.

Ah yes, I too have an entry in the 'finished this too late' category... Just a day though.

I must have done something not too long ago, but I can't think of the last time I made a ukulele video that wasn't in some way connected to a week of the Seasons. I suppose this one still is as I was inspired by the background music to someone's story, someone who would have fit the 396 theme. The existential meltdown that I have about 30 seconds in took the pressure off and made for a better performance!

This is the original "Rock Anthem" song by Iron Cross that I try to cover in Week 400. I have liked this song for years, but will admit it was a bit ambitious for me to try. The meaning of the words in Myanmar is also unknown to me, but since someone went set all these pics of people suffering due to natural disasters, it must have something to do with compassion, I guess.

My dear old pal, Alan Rutherford, surprised me by inviting a trio of squirrels playing French horns to photo-bomb one of my recent Seasons videos.

I mentioned in the intro to this song for week 402 that I once sang it to a special lady. More than 12 years ago it was. I think I've shared this here before, but the 'season' for this challenge was to find a senior-lady 65+ who is not related to you in any way and serenade her with Joe Cocker's You Are So Beautiful. It wasn't any easy thing to get done initially (my favorite bit is the little old lad's answer - "I can't stand that song!"

This was inspired by the shenanigans that went on in Bernie's Originals week 406 and that Kevin..err.. Sir Francis Bacon silliness. I'm always up for more silliness. It's an edit of a YouTube live from the other night with some of me having some fun with U-bass and an appropriate song written by a friend of mine.

I was thinking of using this idea for week 410 which I'm hosting... but I'm not sure about that. Anyways, while the cards are still sitting on my desk, if anyone else would like a random song assignment, let me know, and I'll throw the cards for ya.

It is Christmas Day, 2019.
This is not from a Seasonista, but I'm going to leave it here on the island so that someone passing by might pick it up to admire.
Check out all of Bobby's Weekly Ukulele. You won't regret it.

Top Bottom