The Island of Misfit Seasonistas

Have you ever posted to the Island?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Hey folks, Liz played her version of the instrumental, SLEEPWALK, at the last open mic session. She was kind enough to share her arrangement notes for this classic tune!

Sleepwalk1.jpg

Sleepwalk.jpg

Yukio's Season 448 Milk was over before I was ready to record and submit my chosen song, No Milk Today. I've stopped practising this song, but I decided to record what I have for now. I hope to get some more work done on some Autumn/Fall songs for Season 449.

i would post this on Geoff's current season,
though as i recorded it several years back i'm posting it here.
unfortunately i have developed some degenerative physical issues throughout this year,
specifically being numbness in my left hand from the tip of my pinkie to my wrist
and 1/2 the ring finger. i've been muddling through for a few months now
but it has come to the point i just can't play/fret anymore.
it's scary and sad for me to say the least. likely it is peripheral neuropathy
as a consequence of living for 35 years w/ insulin dependent diabetes
and the way i have abused my body for too many years.
i guess the chickens are coming home to roost.
simply, i've lost all feeling and strength in my left hand.
i had to get my son to cut my right hand fingernails last week as i couldn't use the clippers.
i'm seeing my doc next week to see what, if anything can be done to mitigate things,
at least slow them down. seems like i might be writing poetry again as opposed
to writing and playing music. sad times.
this is a Billie Holiday song.

unfortunately i have developed some degenerative physical issues throughout this year,
specifically being numbness in my left hand from the tip of my pinkie to my wrist
i had to get my son to cut my right hand fingernails last week as i couldn't use the clippers.
i'm seeing my doc next week to see what, if anything can be done to mitigate things,

Hey Jon, I haven’t checked UU in a while but I’ve been thinking of you. I’m so sorry you’re going through this. It’s the last thing you need to be dealing with right now. I’m glad you have the poetry to work on, and hopefully whatever is going on with your hand will somehow resolve in time. As for this vid, I just wish I could play like that. So beautiful, such a gift. Love you mate.

You have my deepest sympathies, Jon.

I am sorry to hear this Jon.

I haven't checked out the Islands thread for a while, these are sad news to hear. Explains why you posted a request rather than a song last week, I wondered why but didn't imagine this.

I hope there is something the doctors can do. Your musical endeavours have been an inspiration and are being missed.

You are aware that the lyrics of this song is actually written by a JM, and you can post it in the current season - it is not a misfit :)
I considered doing it for the theme for a while, but didn't find the time.

Thank you for pointing that out for me.

My first post ever on the Island! I am taking part in a “virtual recital” today with the James Hill Ukulele Initiative “Uketropolis”, and I thought I would share the track here as well. Some of you know I’m a James Hill method certified instructor.

This is multi tracked recording of a quartet arrangement of “Ciribiribin”, from the “Ukulele in the Classroom book 2.” Uke 1 is played on a concert uke, uke 2 on a tenor. A ubass and second rhythm part on concert add in for the repeat.

Last edited:
Top Bottom