The Island of Misfit Seasonistas

Have you ever posted to the Island?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This is the song I did live in the Zoom session last week that people got a kick out of. A funny parody of the classic song "I've been everywhere", now because of the pandemic, it's been changed to "I ain't been nowhere". This was written and performed by Chuck Mead, and his version is on Youtube. Here's mine.

Here's a Memorial Day song I recorded for a rehab center. The Elton Britt recording of this song sold over 4 million copies during World War II.

I was thinking about doing this song this week, but this one from 12 years ago, there's no way I could match the hair...

Last edited:
Thanks Pa. Was fun to be a part of. Trevor, who did the harmonica solo at the end of the first verse, comperes the open mic and managed to pretty seamlessly move it online. He's the one who put the video together and i can't imagine how much work must have gone into it

Last edited:
Hello everyone,

It’s Make Music Day, and since this one has no foul language and lacks any earworms, on The Island it goes!

I didn't miss swear words week I had in entry ready to go somewhat. It's a bit of a dirge in the D minor; Jon Duncan helped a lot.

My Slabobian grandfather used to sing this a lot. Mande my grandmother angrey every time he did, so it must be very "blue"

i guess since i've already dumped my 3 songs on Jim's season, i need to put this one here.
wicked song from probably my favourite ever folk album.
Patrick Sky. 1965.

I heard this song and it went along with a car advert for the Audi Q5.
A bit different from my fair lady.

So my open mic group got back together last night, kind of. A few of us who have been fairly regular through Facebook love streams met up at the beach and swapped songs in a very similar format to the Zoom chats we have. Here's a super cut of the evening. It's over an hour long but 4:10 is one of my songs, everything from 40 mins onwards is collab gold and 1 hr 7 mins is the final song of the night, a blues jam involving everyone which was magic. Of course being the one uke in a sea of guitars I found myself jamming in E which is still my Achilles heel (or one of them anyway). One comment sticks out: 'I've never seen anyone bend a uke string.'

Top Bottom