The Island of Misfit Seasonistas

Have you ever posted to the Island?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
So, I totally misread Season 348's theme. But the silver lining is that I've always wanted to cover this song, and never even considered doing it on the uke bass. So here it is, Barry McGuire's Eve of Destruction...

I'm trying to think of a good Halloween tune. Can't help but remember back to first Halloween week, season 31,

Into my arms (Nick Cave Ukulele cover)

The things we do for love.
The theologies that separate us.
The beliefs that bind us.
The ideas that give us hope.

Hope it's ok to post here.This didn't fit the seasons.But i was trying my little Yamaha TR5a mini amp with Baritone uke covering an Ed Kuepper song (one of my favourite Australian artists).Quite like the sound the amp can get.Some images of Kurnell too.Rugged coast just south of where i live in Sydney.

I originally wrote this song for Vals time themed season. I've since added another verse and rewritten bits, so here it is in its extended version with added harmonica. Not forgetting some suitable photos.

Just not feeling it...but have to play. Practice for our next open mic and Korean rice bowls.
And linoleum, because it supports my head and gives me something to believe.

I wrote this for r/songaweek’s I V vi IV prompt. The verses are in the requested chords.

The verses and bridge came to me quickly. I had to work on the chorus, which I still dislike. The lyrics don’t tie into the rest of the song, and the melody is pretty close to the verses. I would love some advice about how to improve this.

Hanging out here on page 200 of the Island. I'd say it is more like an Archipelago of Misfit Seasons!
I don't know why I decided to play this song, but I did. I then discovered how nicely it lends itself to the ukulele. Who knew?
So I shot a tutorial video describing some of my "discoveries."
If you have ever wanted to dig into a Rolling Stones song, this is a prime candidate!

Hanging out here on page 200 of the Island. I'd say it is more like an Archipelago of Misfit Seasons!
I don't know why I decided to play this song, but I did. I then discovered how nicely it lends itself to the ukulele. Who knew?
So I shot a tutorial video describing some of my "discoveries."
If you have ever wanted to dig into a Rolling Stones song, this is a prime candidate!

In awe of not only your playing and singing here, Christopher, but the brilliant way you describe what you’re doing and how you achieve it - you’re a natural teacher! Makes me realise how much I have to learn though!

One of the 'definitive' Google sites said this one peaked at No. 2 on the Billboard charts, making it eligible for Season 370. But Professor Wikipedia says it made it to No. 1. Rather than fret about it (see what I did there!!), it goes on the Island.

I haven’t been here much because my band is recording our first EP! Here’s a Tiny Desk Contest entry we put together on a break.

As it’s Mothers’ Day and as I’m a dutiful son, I went to see my parents this morning. (Some of you will have already seen various pics of them through the ages in the vid I did for Linda’s season a few weeks back: https://youtu.be/1Bzf6Itzi2E )

My Dad is in the early stages of dementia and through one of the support groups he attends has discovered a joy of singing. So much so that we did a Beatles cover together in December (which some of you may have seen here: https://youtu.be/hH-BtAFEe9Y ). Singing is good therapy for him and has boosted his confidence and his self-esteem.

So this morning I persuaded my Mum to join us to do a cover of ‘I Don’t Like Mondays’ by the Boomtown Rats and we had a lot of fun with it. It’s a bit under-rehearsed I’ll admit, but was a wonderful way to spend the morning! So I thought you might like to see and hear the end result:

Top Bottom