The Island of Misfit Seasonistas

Have you ever posted to the Island?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This is 90% finished for Season 609, but there's a couple of things bugging me in term of video editing that I missed until after uploading, so here's a sneak peek:

If you're wondering why I can't just fix it now and reupload a public video, it's because I left my laptop and GoPro at the office, so I won't have access to play with the mix / edit until 10am EST.

I was having some pains in my finger joints and I decided to ask Jim @Canada Jim for some advice....
I wrote the Oh Jim! verses and Jim wrote the Oh Joo! verses.

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR CO-WRITING AND PLAYING THIS SONG WITH ME, JIM!
I will learn to play slower.

here are the lyrics:
(Joo)
Oh Jim, How do you do?
Playing your ukulele?
Have you oiled your creaky rocker?
I think I too have arthritic fingers.

(Jim)
Oh Joo, and how are you?
Playing on your banjolele
I haven't oiled my creaky old chair
I think it adds pleasant percussion.

(Joo)
Oh Jim, How do you do?
Playing your ukulele?
What should I do about my arthritic fingers?
I'm afraid I won't be able to play my clawhammer.

(Jim)
Oh Joo, I'm doing fine
I love your clawhammer playing
I drop two Tylenol just before I play
And these days I play a bit slower.
Play it slow

Last edited:
I was having some pains in my finger joints and I decided to ask Jim @Canada Jim for some advice....
I wrote the Oh Jim! verses and Jim wrote the Oh Joo! verses.

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR CO-WRITING AND PLAYING THIS SONG WITH ME, JIM!
I will learn to play slower.

I'm lacing up my shoes
But I don't want to run
I'll get there when I do
Don't need no starting gun
It's not because I'm old
And it's not what dying does
I've always liked it slow
Slow is in my blood

I'm lacing up my shoes
But I don't want to run
I'll get there when I do
Don't need no starting gun
It's not because I'm old
And it's not what dying does
I've always liked it slow
Slow is in my blood
I was just talking with Robert (@ukukeguy about what I like about his playing and what I like about yours....

It is how slowly and soulfully you play.

I recorded this for John's Girl bands and Boy bands week. I always thought Peggy Sue the band is a 2-girl band, but I found out only AFTER I recorded this that they have a male drummer. So this song belongs here. It was satisfying singing it.

Oh. It's me again. Geez.

Ok. This series is a real misfit. I recorded these improvs for Sabine's Speed week...trying to play slow and fast. After i recorded them i thought they were horrible.
Today while clearing my phone storage i listened to them and they are not too bad!

So i am sharing them. :--)

One which nearly fits the current season ("I Wish I Knew") but doesn't because "I Wish I Knew" isn't literally "I Don't Know". Further, I'm at the limits of my ability here, so there's more than a few times it's quite sloppy - I think it needs more practice. Still, I'll post it anyway here.

Damn... Finished this one just a couple hours past the deadline for week 622..

Probably belonged on the Island in the firstplace.

I don't think I've ever posted on here before - I'm not that prolific! Having decided to take a day "off life" today, though, I recorded another song for Amanda's "Bird" week, only to realise that I had already reached my song limit. As well as mentioning "birds of passage, sheltering from a stormy sky," this 1965 song from Francoise Hardy is also a song about friendship; so here's to "Absent Friends" ....

I don't think this fits the current theme but @hands_on_lanzon made a comment in the thread that made me think it almost does... anyway, it's a bit more of me making a nuisance of myself earlier this evening :). I did this at the seasonista open mic a couple of weeks ago and will eagerly await an opportunity to post it for a season in a quieter setting because I am pleased with how the song turned out.

Though I’ve entered YT covers in at least a dozen Seasons, this is my first post here. Audio- only of Hoagy Carmichael’s great 1930 tune Georgia on Yowling Tom, with reverb & compression.
[File title is “For Your Ears Only” because this was intended for UkingViking’s contest but doesn’t meet the public domain rule.]

Top Bottom