The Island of Misfit Seasonistas

Have you ever posted to the Island?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
L to R:
Joey Gibson, FiL Wisneski, Alan Thornton, AND Rex Jazzbanjorex Powell playing for One Night Only
As The Slugabeds because all of those names wouldn't fit on the wet signup sheet.

I came across this song the other day on "Spotify", when it appeared after another song I was looking up. I really like it (well, not necessarily my version!); and, of course, anything associated with the great "Father Ted" ......

the late great FT. God I loved that show. :worship: Let us not even begin with Dougall. haha...

Randy doesn't want us to post old videos on his new season - but I'd like to remind people of the song I wrote for the last Cowboy theme we had back in Season 223.

I was particularly proud of this one and hope it can get a few more plays:

you should be proud of it brother. i missed it first time on the merry-go-round. it's a ripper. profound and true. beautiful stuff mate.

Randy doesn't want us to post old videos on his new season - but I'd like to remind people of the song I wrote for the last Cowboy theme we had back in Season 223.

I was particularly proud of this one and hope it can get a few more plays:

This is, indeed, a lovely song, Berni! (Don't know how, but I think I did miss it the first time round. I shall resist the temptation to say "he should have gone to Specsavers"!)

I'm always looking for new songs to do for story time, so I was thrilled to discover Randy's season of kid's songs. If only I had been around then. This is one that Forte did for that season that I really liked. My four year old doesn't really get it, so maybe I could do it for older kids, like first and second grade?

Written with Nick Cody. The engineer of Original Ukulele Songs on FB. Visit our stage at GNUF, mmmkay?

DT is so influenced by Twitter and alternative news media.
Let's hope he never appoints Randy Newman as a political
advisor... Since he might take things literally and drop the
big one. RN recently remarked that this song used to get a
laugh, but not anymore.

Late entry......................Oops....BUT I Claim Thornton, Dewbury, Dim,Sack and Everard Rule for this....This was the song that I really wanted to do ...because I could not remember how the words went but did remember the song from decades ago and it fit the theme perfect...then the Bl***ing computer threw a wobbler....and I had to go and get the vinyl out of storage !! Dedication indeed ...then play it and write the words out as well .....

A late entry for Season 222 :) There's a way to get back home but it may take a few months.

A late entry for Season 222 :) There's a way to get back home but it may take a few months.

I added it to the playlist... what the hey! I added my Blue Shadows vid too. Someone was telling me how they used to sing it to their kid all the time for bedtime. Makes sense to me!

I'm doing a set on Sunday for the North East Early Music Forum of popular music from the 16th - 18th centuries - essentially songs from broadsides published at the time. This song originally came from the 1691 Ballad Opera, "King Arthur" with words by the poet, John Dryden and music by Henry Purcell. It proved very popular and this song was published soon after as a broadside with the addition of a moralising "Answer". I've left out the moralising answer which is more than a little "Holier than thou" in tone.

Edit: I've decided to move the video to my other You Tube channel and use that for Ballads and Broadsides. I will probably use Vimeo for harmonica videos in future as their forum has problems with displaying You Tube videos.

Last edited:
Lovely Geoff. Really lovely. Da Slockit Light ( hope I got that right) another really fine tune. Can I ask, how are you doing the overdubs?

Top Bottom