::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 17!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really slow moving this morning.

Hows about some Los Bravos?

Code:
[CENTER]BLACK IS BLACK
Los Bravos[/CENTER]

Intro: [Em] [D] [Em [D] [Em] [D]

[Em] Black is black [D] I want my baby back
[Em] It's grey it's grey [A] since she [A7] went away whoa [D] oh
[D] What can I do cause [Em] I I I I [A] I'm I'm feelin' [D] blue

[Em] If I had my way [D] she'd be back today
[Em] But she don't intend [A] to see me a[A7]gain whoa [D] oh

[Em] I can't choose it's [F#m] too much to lose
My [G] love's too strong [G] [F#] [F] [E7]
Maybe if she'd come back to me then it [A] can't go wrong [F#m] [B7]

[Em] Bad is bad [D] that I feel so sad
[Em] It's time it's time
[A] That I found [A7] peace of mind whoa [D] oh

[Em] I can't choose it's [F#m] too much to lose
My [G] love's too strong [G] [F#] [F] [E7]
Maybe if she'd come back to me then it [A] can't go wrong [F#m] [B7]

[Em] Black is black [D] I want my baby back
[Em] It's grey it's grey [A] since she [A7] went away whoa [D] oh
Cause [Em] I I I I [A] I'm I'm feelin' [D] blue [F] [G] [D]

Interesting G to E7 walk down.
[G] [F#] [F] [E7]
I thought, make the bar G chord (bar the second fret make the F shape under it) then move towards the nut, and then the E7.

My fault.

Last night I read James a Magic Tree House story about sabertooth cats and he was asking about how to fight them.

(seriously, it's what we read and talked about; weird)

That's a funny coincidence! You must have beamed that dream to my brain.

Ahh, yes. The storm!

The storm moved through on Sunday a little after 12:30. I had gone home from church (right across the street) and grabbed some lunch with Tiffany.

I came back across, the tornado siren was sounding. Tiff and Binta went to our safe room (an internal bathroom in the center of the house).

And here's the fun part. I had a funeral scheduled at 1:00 PM at the church. That's why I came back across the street. Everyone moved to the church basement. The power was out. The wind was crazy. We waited until the National Weather Service cancelled the tornado warning, then started upstairs to the sanctuary. The power came back on. Funeral went as planned, only about 20 minutes late.

Found out later that there were two families not too far away who lost their homes. Nobody was hurt.

I was wiped out after church, a tornado warning, and a funeral (and this was a very beloved member of the community and our congregation - ergo a high pressure funeral).

Tornadoes are scary. Glad you guys are ok.

I think I've ruined it. :( A week's worth of work, down the drain. I dropped some stitches in the daisy stitch portion of the body of the hat, and they've come undone several rows back. The pattern of stitches is quite complex, and I've not been able to figure out how to get it back to where it needs to be. In the process, things have gotten worse and worse.

I have one more idea, but after that I'm screwed....

Well, you're not alone. I got about 6 inches into my fugly scarf and tried something new...effed it up royally and couldn't rip back. The stitch was too weird to rip back nicely, had to take it all out and start over. I'm not sure I want to keep working the stitch I was because it takes forever...but I like the look, so we'll see. I'm trying to figure out how to do planned pooling but that's a lot of work too...bleh.

Rough knitting week.

That the earliest that should be allowed.

For every Christmas light that goes on before thanksgiving, an elf kills a baby reindeer.

My tree is up. I defy these rules. It's grey here and I need some sparkly light. I won't put ornaments up until later, but the lighted makes me smile when I get home from work on these dark nights.

Here's a picture from my first or second Christmas in the house. I have a bigger, fluffier tree now and a sisal rug that really pulls the room together. ;)

f9fe9999d0d183825f5fae90ed2afd27.jpg

My sister's power came back on so they left after dinner last night. While they were over they had their dog in my house so we put the cat on the bedroom side of the house to ensure her safety. A couple days of that and she got mighty mad when hubby tried evicting her from our room last night. Now he is at work and she is sleeping on his side of the bed, as if to make a point.

My tree is up. I defy these rules. It's grey here and I need some sparkly light. I won't put ornaments up until later, but the lighted makes me smile when I get home from work on these dark nights.

Here's a picture from my first or second Christmas in the house. I have a bigger, fluffier tree now and a sisal rug that really pulls the room together. ;)

f9fe9999d0d183825f5fae90ed2afd27.jpg
Looks classy. Come decorate my house. ;)

I don't think so, Katy. This time it's pretty bad. I may have to start all over again....

Don't be down, Don. It's all part of knitting. Once I had to rip back a huge part of a sweater because I accidentally grabbed the wrong skein of yarn part way through. I've even knit and frogged entire cardigans because I didn't like something about them when I was done.

Today was pure hell. I went back and forth with Management until 2pm. I finally had enough and went to her boss. It ended with the three of us sitting down. Bottom line, I am getting the help I have requested since June. Unfortunately it is too little too late and we will have to report late records for November. No way we can dig out of this hole that quickly.

The boss ladies first question for Management was the same that mine has been ... What are we going to do about this situation.

I hope tomorrow goes better. When I left at 530 they were still at it.

Two more work days this week. Yay! Then I am off until Dec 2, or something like that.

Glad that help and some time off are on the way!

Lots of beautiful sun shine right now. They are talking about rain this afternoon.
This weekend they say we are going to have a high in the twenties, with a night time low of 11 degrees.
It doesn't appear Sukie and Amy are going to be able to containing the cool weather.

Whew, I'm wiped!! Long night and up way too early. Brother's surgery went longer than expected. On the x-ray, it looked like two clean breaks just above the ankle but when the doc went in, the bones were crushed. It was a mess in there. Poor guy really did a number on his leg. It took him well over two hours to wake up, it was so sad, he thought it was all a dream and kept asking "what happened". He eventually came around and by the time he was settled in his room he was cracking jokes so the worst is over. My mom stopped to see him on the way to the other hospital yesterday and it sounds like they had a good conversation regarding my brother coming home. It seems like he understands the situation. Just in case he gets a wild hair, I clarified the situation with the doctor after surgery and today, Mom and I are gonna tag-team visits in the hopes of being around when the social worker stops by to talk to him. My younger sister stepped up and said brother can stay with her as long as they can get a wheelchair in the bathroom (she lives in a one bedroom apartment on the first floor of her building). She is going to do a test run before he is released and if all goes well, we will have a little bit of good news for him. My step-dad comes home today and so far his recovery is going very well. He should be able to move unassisted in two weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom